• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, x1a1x said:

Been in IT for over 35 years and yet you "cannot use your computer" when all you have to do is disable the service.  Only took me 35 seconds to disable a service.  <shrugs>

Quote: "...and never released junk like this."   Yes you have:  your post

QFT

4 minutes ago, ChaunceS said:

I have had Malwarbytes for years. I just signed up for two premium licences.

There needs to be some compensation for this issue. 2 hours... and I can't do anything on my laptop because it's so bogged down. I have very limited time to do school work and this is very frustrating. 

Please fix ASAP.

P.S. I disabled everything in Malwarbytes and it' still taking 7.5 gb of memory and it WILL NOT UNINSTALL. It WAS taking 10gb... almost all my ram.

Can you use the MWB clean utility to uninstall? I had to use it because things got so bad.

1 minute ago, x1a1x said:

Been in IT for over 35 years and yet you "cannot use your computer" when all you have to do is disable the service.  Only took me 35 seconds to disable a service.  <shrugs>

I think you're misquoting him.  He's saying he's never released an IT related junk like this.  Nothing to do with his post.

I actually had to uninstall the program to get online.  Malwarebytes wouldn't allow me to do anything.  I checked in with another person and they had the same issue and still cannot get online.  I'll have to reinstall once they get this fixed.  I assume they'll know I'm a pro member?

Is anyone checking their firewall logs? I am seeing attacks on 1723 and 3389 from Malicious IP. Currently Malwarebytes Web Block (though malfunctioning) is able to identify and block these incoming attacks. The majority of the attacks I am seeing are coming from hosted service networks. According to the firewall logs and server logs these attacks started around the same time as the Malware update botch. Curious if anyone else is seeing an increase this type of traffic from other sources - this could just be a coincidence. 

I am cautious not to disable any features in Malwarebytes for fear that something malicious gets through. Last thing I want to do is suspend Malwarebytes only to find that a coordinated attack was launched which Malwarebytes would have prevented - and spend my weekend restoring compromised servers from backups.

1 hour ago, SinanOnline said:

Then go silently and take your crybaby attitude with you.

Jesus dude I've seen you on two threads here already this morning treating other people poorly. Chill out and show some kindness. This is not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but it's okay if people act a little frustrated.

Completely crashed my system, lost hours of work to this. Not cool.

Took me about 5 minutes with Task Manger to diagnose and fix the problem:

• Diagnosis - Malwarebytes eats up all system RAM until PC crashes
  • Fix - Turning off Malwarebytes completely resolves the issue.

I'd would have expected you to just roll back the update until you can fix this on your end. Really weak.

2 minutes ago, x1a1x said:

well if this f**ed up update causes your PC to run on 100% RAM,CPU AND Harddisk Usage so you can litterally dont even move the mouse (happened on an older laptop of mine)  then its nearly impossible to even try to disable the service, cause you will never get there.

People who claim "Malwarebytes does not test their product" are simply wrong. They do, both Automated and User tests.

What you dont understand is that Memory Leaks like this one are hard to find in automated and even the usually rather short paced user tests. Memory Leaks are a problem that for a reason mostly only ever gets caught by consumers. because they are often conditional and hard to spot until you actively run analysis on your system memory usage.

Non constructive criticism wil be ignored and if you want to go somewhere else, just pack your stuff and leave without the rant. Ranting just wastes everyones time including your own.

Am I going to receive a refund for the laptop screen that was left in "idle" and burned out as a side effect of this "bug" ? Or should I force a refund of the program?

Just now, SonOfTheStars said:

People who claim "Malwarebytes does not test their product" are simply wrong. They do, both Automated and User tests.

What you dont understand is that Memory Leaks like this one are hard to find in automated and even the usually rather short paced user tests. Memory Leaks are a problem that for a reason mostly only ever gets caught by consumers. because they are often conditional and hard to spot until you actively run analysis on your system memory usage.

Non constructive criticism wil be ignored and if you want to go somewhere else, just pack your stuff and leave without the rant. Ranting just wastes everyones time including your own.

The memory leak is happening simply because they blacklisted their own update servers, so much for that "hard to spot" part.

Edited by AzKat

1 minute ago, Sfrush said:

Can you use the MWB clean utility to uninstall? I had to use it because things got so bad.

You don't need to uninstall. Go to the services app (I only know how to do it on windows 7 ... "control panel -> Administrative tools -> services"). Find "Malwarebytes service", and set its "Startup Type" to be "disabled". Then restart your system.

I thought they had finally got the act together - I guess not.  Just uninstalled MBAM with 3 lifetime licenses - probably not coming back.  I can screw up my pc's enough on my own without help from MBAM.  Thanks, for making me sure about uninstalling this, for good this time.