IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

Things like this happen. other AV software had issues to. People need to stop being so infuriated. Just disable/uninstall it,  wait until a fix is out that sets MBAM back to a working normal state, get yourself a cup of Tea/Cof and chill out.

There is no need for threats of "You put peoples life in danger" "your product is stuff" or "i want compensation for my company losing money". If sherrifs cant work without a computer and company IT services cant handle an issue like this then i dont wanna live in your state/work for your company... 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Windows told me to f*ck myself when i tried to close it from the Task manager or services.msc. The service is just going batsh*t crazy.

Had to force the uninstall with geek uninstaller because my pc was to unstable to uninstall it in a normal way.

Never had a problem before with MalwareBytes but god this is infuriating. I renewed the premium like a month ago.

I was doing important things and i lost a lot of money in the process. (Ok no i was just playing Final Fantasy XIV it's fine)

Just now, SonOfTheStars said:

Things like this happen. other AV software had issues to. People need to stop being so infuriated. Just disable/uninstall it,  wait until a fix is out that sets MBAM back to a working normal state, get yourself a cup of Tea/Cof and chill out.

There is no need for threats of "You put peoples life in danger" "your product is stuff" or "i want compensation for my company losing money". If sherrifs cant work without a computer and company IT services cant handle an issue like this then i dont wanna live in your state/work for your company... 

Better to ignore them than to try to get into a protracted argument with them.  Trust me.

I have had Malwarbytes for years. I just signed up for two premium licences.

There needs to be some compensation for this issue. 2 hours... and I can't do anything on my laptop because it's so bogged down. I have very limited time to do school work and this is very frustrating. 

Please fix ASAP.

P.S. I disabled everything in Malwarbytes and it' still taking 7.5 gb of memory and it WILL NOT UNINSTALL. It WAS taking 10gb... almost all my ram.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

This is why we should have more than one anti-virus product installed.  I just uninstalled MB3 and will await news of fix.  Thanks Rubberducky.

I had to uninstall all of the other AV software I had on my machine because MB wouldn't run with them installed (even installed but not running) and I'd paid for the service by the time the problem arose.

21 minutes ago, SonOfTheStars said:

Dont get to hasty with the "OMG THIS IS stuff REMOVE AND NEVER COME BACK".

stuff happens in software development and yes this is a pretty bad issue.

Holy hell was I scared when my system repeatedly ran OOM. Seing Malwarebytes take up 16gb of memory in less than 20 minutes had me afraid my system had been compromised. G

Personally im really gald to see its just a bug in the sofftware. And, while MBAM Stays uninstalled for now until I have confirmation that the fix is out, I'll not doomsay on the product, since there never has been a better AV for me in the 9 years im professionally using computers. And have not encountered any of the bespoken "Multiple problems the last few months!"

This is the first ever Hiccup im having with MBAM.

Stay sharp dev team and lets all hope this will quickly be over with!

agree. i thought i was got too.  found relief when i seen everyone posting. but it should not have been pushed to the masses and as soon as it was, they should have pushed yesterdays version and rolled back the update.

A few things it might be worthwhile for some of you piling on to consider:

Yeah, the issue might have shown up relatively quick on your system. Yours is one of several billion possible combinations of factors. Testing software for every possible contingency isn't easy. Nor is analyzing how an entire system behaves on an update before that entire system is running it. Something that doesn't cause major problems with a few thousand test clients may very well indeed indeed cause massive problems with several million live clients. And sometimes it's a problem you can't spot until the conditions under which it may occur exist.

If we're smart, we'll use the collective numbers of people affected by this issue to nudge them along to taking the right actions, instead of crucifying them for the fact that sometimes stuff really does just go sideways once it gets in the field, no matter how much you tried to cover all the bases. The difficult truth is that it's not possible to see all the bases.

What we should be insisting that the company learn from this is to gracefully cover for the possibility of a serious memory leak.
They will never be able to completely eliminate the potential for every possible cause of one, but they can mitigate the risk.
And that would be enough to make it a minor issue.

As someone who's recently had to deal with having several hundred customers affected by an outage resulting from an attack against us, I can tell you with absolute certainty that these guys already all have their stomach tied in knots already. They don't need us piling on.

For any still unable to keep MWB from launching:

<Windows Key + R> services.msc <enter>
Right-click Malwarebytes Service and select Properties.
Change startup type to DISABLED.
THEN kill the process.

If you don't disable the service or change the recovery options, it will keep re-launching, because that's what it's supposed to do.

4 minutes ago, Gkastros said:

This has been going on for much more than an hour.  I cannot use my computer. Whoever signed off on this needs some training and the supervisor fired. I have been in IT for over 35 Years and never released junk like this. 

Been in IT for over 35 years and yet you "cannot use your computer" when all you have to do is disable the service.  Only took me 35 seconds to disable a service.  <shrugs>

Quote: "...and never released junk like this."   Yes you have:  your post

Hard to believe that you guys didn't come across this during your pre-release testing. Had two computers crashing and had to waste my time doing some detective work to determine that MWB was the cause.  As I read in several other threads and on other sites, this seems pretty much widespread.

Action - I disabled MWB and I am using another app until you offer the update to fix this major failure.