IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am SO sick of putting up with this junk program. i have paid for it legitimately, and the support has always been terrible, they dont stand behind the product, and there is CONSTANTLY issues with it, not everyone is getting it for one friggin PC, some of us buy multiple keys, to run on multiple PC's, and it is a REAL PITA, when they screw up YET again. ii have had 6 issues with MBAM in the last 2 years & im getting Really tired of it.. thats 6 issues , times 5 PC's, i have to resolve,

when the safest thing for your PC is to REMOVE Malwarebytes, what does that tell You? looks like theyre turning into another Mcafee

Edited by jboydgolfer

1 minute ago, CDK9 said:

Are there really that many kids in this forum? With all the whiny replies I can't find the official ones, if there are any as of now. Every other comment is about hating MB and the world going under. Wish this thread is locked and stickied so serious users can follow the progress of the fix easier.

I wish I could thumbs up  your post.  Sheesh, you'd think the world was coming to an end the way some people react.  Considering how complex these kinds of products are it's amazing these things don't happen more often.  People are so fickle that MBAM could have a 100% track record for years and have one screw up then suddenly the product is useless for ever more.

3 minutes ago, sosofunnie said:

I'm 2,000 miles away from my elderly mom. Her computer is toast. Remoting in doesn't work. My option is to fly there and fix it or just shrug and have her be without.

Quite a predicament for a Saturday morning. Lots of fun for sure.

You don't need to remote in to fix it. If she can use a computer then she can follow your phone instructions.

Just now, sheldon said:

How are you forcing an update?   I hit "install application updates" and it says up to date.  What am I missing?

Give it a minute they seem to be updating at random. It said teh same for me but it took like 5 minutes for ti to auto update.

Bad update. Inconvenient.

I went for turning off malwarebytes (right click on tray-icon, exit malwarebytes) and trusting my other anti-malware defenses. Now everything is fine here.

I'm actually quite curious as to what went wrong.
In case it is relevant to the devs: my web protection refuses to start and my internet is fine.

Regards,
Durew

11 minutes ago, synikol6 said:

I've been a premium member for a couple of years and this is your first major screw up. As long as you haven't been bought out by Kaspersky I guess we're still good. But this HAS BEEN a major pain in the butt, so I will be expecting LOTS of Malwarebytes logo swag (cups, mugs, golf umbrellas, stickers, etc) as well as a company vehicle and a one year free extension on my pay service. Email me for mailing address. Thanks.

what he/she said. WE WANT SWAG!!

OK thank goodness you are aware of this issue. I am running 12 gb RAM and 11.9 of it is running MWB. Computer is unusable so will be shutting down MWB until notified that the issue is fixed or perhaps I might churn to diffferent software. Lets see how this goes..