• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Oaklandr said:

This update ( I didn't know there was one) freaked me out, RAM usage was at 90% I thought I got hacked.  I am running malwarebytes right now and will use another anti-malware app to check to back it up...I hope you fix it soon.

It was updated like 10+ minutes ago. Look at the update version 3803 bottom of the list then restart the pc for the easiest way to enable the fix.

Big trouble here too, thought oh no what did I do. Laptop running very slow taking for ever to do anything. Started when Malware told me web protection was disabled. Even tried to take my puter back to an earlier time. That was a no go. So will hang in there and wait and hope you guys can get my puter back the way it was.

Had to uninstall, computer was out of control, unuseable and unlike some others I was not alright.  You should have seen how it crash just uninstalling Malwarebytes.  All problems, and they were many, are all gone.... I was just on a Premium re-up last November.  Are we going to be able to reinstall?

1 minute ago, Atktom said:

Big trouble here too, thought oh no what did I do. Laptop running very slow taking for ever to do anything. Started when Malware told me web protection was disabled. Even tried to take my puter back to an earlier time. That was a no go. So will hang in there and wait and hope you guys can get my puter back the way it was.

Once again it has already been fixed. Check the update package version for 3803 then restart to enable it the easiest way.

Waukesha, WIsconsin.

Methinks they have released a fix.

Dashboard

Click on "Current"

It changed to "Downloading", then "Applying" and then "Current" once again.

End MWB and restart it.

So far (about an hour) I still have real time protection and no memory leak that I can see.

1 minute ago, Atktom said:

start computer force malwarebytes to update (don't let it whine about 'current', force it to check, thrid icon from the left next to "scanstatus"). Reboot.

I suspect we will see a lot more issues with various Apps just because the company called Microsoft keeps thinking they can

add junk to the Windows 10 OS and just try to blame the users or other applications. Once they released their so called

Anniversary edition it has been a mess

Just now, mangochutney said:

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

I'm running mission critical machines that all collapsed.

Get ready to be sued.

... one its been fixed. Two you can't sue them over this as the terms say so. Three there where many options to fix this temp before the offical fix. Which there is a fix now. 

I created an account to post this. I am not a savant when it comes to finding out what was causing my PC to bug out. I lost some important work due to a crash caused by the update issued for Malwarebytes, thus increasing my work load for the weekend. Leave it to say I am highly disgruntled to see that it was my anti-malware program that I subscribe to that caused me literally 2 hours of frustration and days of work to re-do.

1 minute ago, trawlerman said:

I don't know if the problem has been fixed or I have found a solution pro tem: What I did was turn off Malwarebytes Service in Task Manager which triggered a message that the service would restart. When it automatically restarted the problem had gone away.

Glad that solution worked for you. The problem we're seeing is that MBAM allocates ALL RAM INCLUDING PAGE FILES and left running will crash the system & DAMAGE THE HARD DRIVE CONTENTS.

3 minutes ago, grunf said:

Capture1.PNG.0708944917b941bfdc30c2b72f95ef35.PNG

Hit current and wait for update to finish, restart MBAM after.

Yes i was doing that over and over. It just never alerted me that there was an update found so I didn't know it had been applied. I ended the task again because cpu and ram were still climbing. I ran MB a bit later, everything was fine. Thanks.