• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Breach said:

How about a post-mortem in due course? I'd surely like to know what happened and how this "will never happen again". Thanks.

O, maybe a nice subject for the next blog post.

People need to understand that this is a complex process. Anyone who has taken the time to read the news about security lately???? The manufacturers of OS's have been reverting the Spectre and Meltdown compatibility patches which make the antivirus and operating systems play nice. If you'd stop the rabid comments and negativity towards one of the BEST antivirus companies out there they might be able to focus on what needs to be done - and that is NOT replying to everyones' rant and unnecessary posts. They are working on the issue, they are not answering you because they are doing something important, rather than listening to a bunch of noise

Take a chill pill, become a couch PA-TAT-O and watch some TV. The issue with the patch isn't a world wide epidemic.

Patch your box, restart the maching and it's FIXED. 

Before you go ranting about something like this, know what your talking about. Could YOU go in there and fix this issue as quickly as these guys can? I doubt it. Patience in the world is dead last to ADD and ADHD when it comes to complaining about something that is trivial. Go outside and breathe some fresh air. 

Hehehehe

I am running Malwarebytes Premium on five computers. At around 12:00 noon EST on Saturday, January 27, the Malwarebytes Real-Time Web Protection was turned off on all five computers, and I am unable to turn on the Real-Time Web Protection. All five computers went haywire and locked up. I have tried rebooting the computers multiple times, but this has not helped.  I finally uninstalled Malwarebytes Premium from all five computers so I could use the computers, which are still protected by either Security Essentials or Windows Defender.  I hope Malwarebytes notifies its paying customers when a suitable build is ready to be downloaded and installed.  I have already wasted several hours of my Saturday afternoon on this problem.  I have generally been satisfied with Malwarebytes Premium over the years, but my experience with Malwarebytes today has been terrible.  Before Malwarebytes sends an update out to  all its users, some competent person at Malwarebytes should test the update on some local computers to minimize any damage or inconvenience for paying customers.

1 minute ago, Skeuomorph said:

no its not working. same issue

It has been updated and fixed. 

1 minute ago, KadyS said:

Ran the cleaner and re

installed - easy peasy. Not a peep out of my CPU fan - looks stable so far.  Reinstalling may be the way to go but sucks if you have to do it on multiple PCs.   I still want a pony. 

image.png.2b6ca9e71c619119978e3e38d1e2cf89.png

Just restart the computer. You donn't have to uninstall and reinstall it again...

I have been following, and i just started Malwarebytes and tried to force an update. Says no updates found. Meanwhile my RAM is running out and cpu is running higher and higher. I ended the task before my computer crashed again. Guess i will sit tight until the update rolls out to me finally. Whenever that is.

Yes.........     Updating Malwarebytes and re-starting PC did the trick!  It seemed a "disaster" but I suppose a couple of hours is pretty quick to fix such an issue.

(I'm not getting into the "shouldn't have happened in the first place" discussion. I assume if they will learn from this experience.)

Thanks to those who fixed it. 

1 minute ago, ginakra said:

I have been following, and i just started Malwarebytes and tried to force an update. Says no updates found. Meanwhile my RAM is running out and cpu is running higher and higher. I ended the task before my computer crashed again. Guess i will sit tight until the update rolls out to me finally. Whenever that is.

Restart yuor computer and look at teh update package for version number 3803 Then restart the PC.

Mine started as soon as I updated to Firefox 58. Kept blocking FF and so uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled. After that Malwarebytes blocked Firefox ONLY!  I can get into IE fine without Malwarebytes blocking.  I have not tried Google nor the others except IE which is fine. I can get online after several attempts thru Firefox but at some point Malwarebytes does the job in blocking whatever it shows up in Firefox. attach screen shot.

firefox blocked.jpg