RAM leak + Refund

How do I get a refund? I have no confidence in your software anymore. I spent a half hour trying to find the malware that disabled web protection and caused my PC (which has 24GB of RAM since I produce music) to max cpu and RAM. It's your product. It is the malware.

I have no idea how you could push out an update that blocks google, dropbox, disables web protection and has the most egregious RAM leak I've ever seen. I'm probably going to use a different company's malware/AV and I'm certainly never buying another product you guys put out. I've already uninstalled MWB so my PC is usable again. Your products used to be good, but they've gotten progressively worse and have a ton of false positives and don't detect doubleclick adware and those bitcoin malware and this is just the last straw

You're not even addressing this on twitter and I'm very disappointed with your company and its product. Are you even fixing this?

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

I believe there must be an issue with the most recent database update as my installation is showing the same problems as are many others.  I'm certain the Malwarebytes team will resolve this issue shortly.  In the meantime, it may be best to terminate mbamservice.exe if quitting Malwarebytes the normal way (right-click tray icon and select "Quit Malwarebytes") to prevent further performance degradation, then watch the forums here for an announcement from the Malwarebytes staff when the issue has been resolved.

relax, malwarebytes is one, if not the best, against malware of all kinds.

Just wait for a patch, you can disable or uninstall malwarebytes till then. Make sure to save your key license somewhere.

edit: ive been using malwarebytes for like 3 years. first time this happend.

Edited by sosh

Just now, sosh said:

relax, malwarebytes is one, if not the best, against malware of all kinds.

Just wait for a patch, you can disable or uninstall malwarebytes till then. Make sure to save your key license somewhere.

How could you even say that?

They just pushed an update that makes our computers unusable if we use the software we pay for.

Thanks @exile360. I just un-installed the software though. I literally have a product that is the malware that made my PC un-useable. I'm actually more worried about MWB than malware at this point. It didn't catch the last bit of malware I picked up either. One of those new bitcoin miners, and I had to remove it manually.

I'm just extremely disappointed with the company at this time. What's worse than the RAM leak is the complete lack of customer service and updates provided. Auto-replies, no way to reach them on forums, not responding on twitter.

Edited by BigMike317
forgot something

1 minute ago, hydra said:

Myself and several friends ran out of memory, crashed with black screens. I had to quit Malwarebytes to get here! Right before crash I lost online protection.  Bad update, again????

Yes, it must have been a bad update.  I know they're already working on a fix.  But they have to not only post a corrected update, but also test it fully internally first to make certain the issue doesn't repeat itself later on (and I'm sure they're also taking measures in the code and/or update system to prevent whatever the root cause was from occurring again in the future).  For now I suggest everyone keep Malwarebytes disabled and/or uninstalled until the staff posts confirmation that the issue has been resolved (which will likely come in the form of a sticky thread in this area of the forums).

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.