Massive Memory Leak - Uninstall

Just now, massive memory leak for the Malwarebytes service. Crashes PC.

Event viewer/System

Source :       Microsoft-Windows-Resource-Exhaustion-Detector
Date :         2018-01-27 11:18:02
ID :2004
MBAMService.exe (3708) avec 35402076160 octets, Photoshop.exe (11716) avec 3806474240 octets et chrome.exe (21312) avec 243810304 octets.

Uninstall hangs. Just kill the Malwarebytes service and reboot.

Reinstalling wont fix it.

Will reinstall only when fixed.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Just registered to comment on exactly the same issue. It's not just any leak too, my memory usage keeps increasing and in about 5 minutes my system becomes unresponsive. I tried disabling protections but it seems unrelated. At first I thought it was some sort of conflict with the browser or something so I stopped every other program, to no avail. I'll be waiting for a fix before I start it again too.

Registered just to also say I encountered this just this morning. Took a bit to trouble shoot since I had the same problem and suspected my browser at first until I looked at the resource monitor in Task Manager and saw malware bytes just kept climbing in memory and never dropped. Solution as described in the first post works.

Staff and developers monitor this forum and should pick up on it shortly.

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum):  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/170037-blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.
NOTE:  On problem systems it can take up to 20 minutes for the log files to complete.  Please be patient and let it run.

If you still have problems with it running, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link):  https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR, .7z or other compression utilities.
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Likewise- my phone is ringing off the hook since around noon EST.  Tracked to Malwarebytes/MBAMService.exe as above. On  windows 10, shutting down Malwarebytes seems to work cleanly. On Win7 systems you need to shut down MBAM and disable  MBAMService.exe.

1 hour ago, Anyway said:

Hello,

Just registered to comment on exactly the same issue. It's not just any leak too, my memory usage keeps increasing and in about 5 minutes my system becomes unresponsive. I tried disabling protections but it seems unrelated. At first I thought it was some sort of conflict with the browser or something so I stopped every other program, to no avail. I'll be waiting for a fix before I start it again too.

Hello, I want to report the very same issue 

Can someone zip up and upload the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump.

If you have trouble zipping it, copy it to the Desktop and zip it there.

.ZIP is the preferred format for uploads on the forums - please don't use .rar or .7z (or other compression formats)

Greetings, new forum user here, came to discuss the same thing. Had an interesting morning with 98% CPU usage, unusual performance and a bizarre, glitched-out BSOD. Being a new user I thought MB was fighting an attack of some sort, gave me a fright. But then I saw a BleepingComputer article which mentioned some sort of update giving users trouble, so hopefully that's all it is.

• Staff

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continued or new issues, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.