35 minutes ago, blackbolt22 said:

Oh and I can guarantee you there are way more people having the issue then reporting it here. Don't you guys test these updates out first in a beta environment?

I'm going to install the version I downloaded and not update it and make sure it's ok.

Version right now is 3.3.1.2183.. about to uninstall and install the one I downloaded this morning after all this began -_-

P.S. guys this is called a memory leak and is the result of some code being out of place..

Fairly sure of that.  I ran into it because I've had some MCSE training so I went to the event viewer and had Mbam errors all over the place mostly over memory.  Just sent a warning out to friends on Facebook to shut it off till there is an update.  And they do seem to have a Beta setting in the program.  This one was a complete mess.  

This exact thing is happening to me as well.  My ram was at 100% usage and then my computer crashed.    Looks to be increasing at about 2Gb of RAM usage emery minute. 

EDIT:

Just installed the patch 1.0.3803, now the RAM usage is increasing twice as fast and now the CPU usage is at 40-50% rather than 20-30%.

Not sure what you guys did but from a quick glance it seems to have gotten worse

Edited by donarbro2

Just reinstalled on Win 10 pro x64 and ran a scan which updated the program. Running same versions as you list. MWB is using ~ 250MB of memory. Is this correct?  Also, why is my x64 system using the 32-bit version of MWB?

4 minutes ago, Swiped said:

Hi Everyone,

We have just released a patch for this issue with Database 3803. Please update to the most recent update database by clicking on Updates on the Dashboard. 

DB.PNG

App.PNG

might have to update that in safemode or something cause I turned it back on and bang black screen.  gonna shut everything down then try an update before I pull a safe mode :(  

Try restarting malwarebytes, manually searching for an update from the task tray (right-click malwarebytes icon, check for updates) and then killing the malwarebytes process after the update applies. Then, restart malwarebytes again. This seemed to work for me, but I had go through this exact process.

me and my old man are having the exact same problems as you guys. i try end the tasks but it restarts, its endless. im a premium user. I think they have been hacked maybe?

Another thing to try is reboot machine, check for updates and then reboot again.

The latest update should have fixed the issue.

I ran the update but my memory and cpu were running away and web protection only showed starting. 

I ended task and restarted and it's working as normal.  Web protection started as well.  Thanks to all the techies for the fix.!!!!!!!   :)

Same here. Web protection shuts off. RAM usage climbs constantly until PC becomes disabled.  Uninstalled, reinstalled. Problem repeats. Is anyone at home today at MWB?

Me too. Had to unplug computer.  :o

We turned real time web protection off. Will update if problem happens again.

Edited by zomar
more info

I have applied the newest update and restarted. Memory issue is now under control, but it would seem to be blocking my "Lastpass" from connecting.

Ideas??

Applying the latest update that was just released fixed this- but had to make sure the Malwarebytes service was being manually controlled :so set it to manual in Services, reboot, start the service and apply the patch . Then stop the service and then start it again and this fixed the issue for me  on Win 10 64bit

11 minutes ago, happycatters said:

Try restarting malwarebytes, manually searching for an update from the task tray (right-click malwarebytes icon, check for updates) and then killing the malwarebytes process after the update applies. Then, restart malwarebytes again. This seemed to work for me, but I had go through this exact process.

Did that too.  Just the taskbar icon is missing now.  But claims it's running

Same here Walwarebytes is eating my RAM memory since some hours ago.

Reinstalled with the mbam-clean procedure but still the same.

Edited by askanioff

Just registered, premium user here too. Same issue as everyone else. The latest db update seemed to of fixed the issue. Not happy I wasted two hours thinking I was infected, restoring my computer, but at least it's fixed. 

Just started on my computer too... eats up all the memory and nothing else will work.   THis happened a few years ago too.

Edited by Markie007
Noted that once i turn web protection on my memory starts climbing to the max

19 minutes ago, nikhils said:

Another thing to try is reboot machine, check for updates and then reboot again.

The latest update should have fixed the issue.

What number is the latest update?