I am having the same issue. Disabled Malware Bytes service and going to uninstall it completely. MB is having this issue quite a bit lately with new releases. I am thinking about moving away and finding a new AV.

Having the same issue for several hours.

Noticed my AV had disabled could not enable, rebooted and after minutes is disabled again. Checked MB, and that had also disabled its webprotection.

After a reboot it would work for a few minutes, did a scan nothing was found. AV also found nothing, startup scan was also pointless. 

RAM usage just keeps growing, CPU usage is also around 40%.

Same issue here.  High memory usages, causes W7 with 6GB Ram to report out of memory message.  Unable to stop service or kill process.  System almost unusable. 

OK well I thought the latest download with a clean install would prevent this issue but after a few minutes MalwareBytes Service is steadily climbing in memory usage. I'm gonna just disable the program for now until I see replies here that it's fixed.

Premium user here  -_-

Same issue, creating an account just to post this.

High memory utilization/leak until it maxes out all available 16 GB RAM

CPU utilization at a constant 25%

Had to manually disable the malwarebytes service and kill the process.

Also appears to have affected my LastPass extension within Firefox from working properly? Possibly something with disabling the web protection interface?

Edited by happycatters
add info

Same here. Very frustrating. I can only assume they messed up with an update or something. Not gonna reinstall until they fix this. Windows Defender for now, I guess :rolleyes:

This not how I wanted to spend my afternoon.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I found that the Malwarebytes service is consuming all of the ram on all our computers making them unusable.

The only solution to the problem seemed to be uninstalling.

We have been a long time subscriber to Malwarebytes.

It's not likely that I will allow that subscription to renew.

If you can't stop it because it keeps restarting make sure it's turned to manual or disabled in services.msc ....then end the task on the process.. keep doing it eventually it will give up.

Hi Everyone,

We're aware of an issue with a protection update that shipped an hour ago that is causing all web traffic to be blocked and RAM usage to climb. We are triaging this right now with all hands on deck. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are working hard to get a patch pushed out.

Ouch, blocking all web traffic? that's a major oversight...

I'd like to point out that is also appears to be blocking my LastPass extension from communicating even when disabled.

Edited by happycatters

I have found a temporary solution to the problem, run a threat scan on malwarebytes, then leave it running and end the task in the task manager. An error message will pop up, but do not press "ok". Then keep ending the malwarebytes task in the task manager, until it goes away, it took me about 4 end tasks. Then as long as you don't press 'ok" on the error message, it should stop eating up all your memory.

Premium user

It is eating up gigs of memory.

I had to stop the service in order to keep the computer from crashing.  By the way, go to services, look for "Malwarebytes Service" right click on it and go to properties. Change it from "Automatic" to "manual" and apply. Once applied, click the stop button. 

I have un-installed and installed and continue to have same problem. I guess I will have to dig out an older version and go with that until a fix is found.

Or unless someone has some ideas!!  

Thank you for posting this and it's "reassuring" my hubby isn't the only person who's having major issues with Malwarebytes.

He purchased Premium about an hour ago and has had the black screen, 3Gb of RAM (and rising) being used and was on the brink of an Aspie breakdown.  £20 wasted... Did venture into MWB support earlier and there was a message about them updating something.... really unimpressed!!

Getting upset about this one.  from Black Screen of Death to Blue screens and just about every possible Memory warning imaginable including getting to this site  Whats going on?  no Web protection as well?  I've now shut Malwarebytes off completely , second time in a couple of months.  There is zero excuse for this.  :(  Especially pulling a major update on a Friday night?  (gotta throw edit in in case my 8 gb of ram goes out the window) Event manager has 1/2 my memory used up when it locks)  I've used it for over a decade, have never has so many problems with this since a couple months ago with Dropbox :()  money wasted probably not for me.  I wouldn't demand a refund over it but they shouldn't have done an update like this over the weekend :(  

Edited by Lee Bartholomew
Worried I'll run out of memory before I can post something

Premium user,

I want to ask did anybody notice that his google chrome got blocked cookies or something like that? Until last night my google chrome worked fine but now every time I close chrome it will log me out of facebook, gmail, youtube atc...

And also same problem with RAM usage.

Hi everyone,

This issue has now been resolved. Please refer to this post for more info: 

11 minutes ago, Swiped said:

Hi Everyone,

We're aware of an issue with a protection update that shipped an hour ago that is causing all web traffic to be blocked and RAM usage to climb. We are triaging this right now with all hands on deck. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are working hard to get a patch pushed out.

it's been going on alll day .  not just an hour ago.  oh I wish.  

Finally got Malwarebytes to end process on W7 with 6GB Ram. 

After ending process and service, quickly set priority to low.  Had to do that twice and finally was able to end the process.  System back to normal but really need protection back.

Same issue here as well sadly <.< It almost caused my computer to crash and would not even let me turn off the computer until I hard reset it.

28 minutes ago, ablur said:

I am experiencing the same issue. If I had to guess I think your product has been compromised via DDoS via internal resources. I would suggest fixing this immediately. I have been a loyal customer for over 3 years now, and you risk losing a customer. From the posts I have seen here on your forum site,  just today I think I won't be the only customer you lose! ;--)

FYI @malwaresupport you might want to look at how you implemented the last change to Real Time Protection > Web Protection. That is where the problem lays. My Norton internet Security picked up numerous http/https attempts all relating to malwarebytes  

Had to make an account just to post here. Glad to see I’m not the only one having this issue, and posting about it within minutes of me searching no less. I am much less glad to know this is an issue at all. I’m having the same problems. Malwarebytes monopolizing my memory up to around 10-15k mb. I reinstalled, and it was fine for a about half an hour. Then it was worse than ever until it forced my PC to shutdown. Uninstalling for now until the issue is resolved.

Hi Everyone,

We have just released a patch for this issue with Database 3803. Please update to the most recent update database by clicking on Updates on the Dashboard. 

DB.PNG

App.PNG