Malwarebytes memory usage

Yes, I had the same issue starting this morning (Malwarebytes Premium keeps using memory until the system crashes, hangs, or becomes erratic),  Happened on all 3 Windows 10 64 bit PC's in my house!  I had to quickly uninstall Malwarebytes after restarting each PC.

BAD PROBLEM - THE MALWAREBYTES FOLKS NEED TO GET ON THIS RIGHT AWAY!

Add me to the list ... My Win 10 Pro computer started crashing today and after some detective work I discovered that MWB was the culprit as it is eating up all the available RAM until the system locks up. Shutdown MWB and memory drops to ~10% then it creeps up and now it's using over 95% of 16GB. In the next few minutes the system will crash unless I terminate MWB. OK. At 15GB I killed MWB and RAM dropped to ~11%. I restarted MWB and it from ~182MB then starts climbing. In a few seconds it reached 523 MB, now at over 7GB and climbing.

Additionally at about the 5GB RAM usage "REAL-TIME PROTECTION" turns off and cannot be restarted unless I terminate MWB and restart it.

Something definitely happened with an update or something more insidious is happening.

Note that I did a Google search after I found the culprit and it lead me to this page where i see that I am not alone

Action - I am now disabling MWB and using other protection apps until MWB addresses this issue and fixes it.

UPDATE: Thanks Robinscheurwater for the link. I'll keep MWB off until I see the fix

Edited by Flashfox