Jump to content
giapet

Memory Leak? >5gb

Recommended Posts

Happening on all 4 of my PCs.  Extremely high memory usage to the point that my machines start to shutdown with out of memory errors.  I had to uninstall MWB from all four until someone comes up with a fix.

 

This is unacceptable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found that a total uninstall is not necessary. Just set the MBAM service to start manually or disabled, restart, and the memory will not be consumed and you can still work. Once they have a fix, you can set the service to Automatic Start again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, r05 said:

I had the same issue this morning

- clean reinstall with mbam cleaner tool fixed the issue in my case.

 

Regards.

I attempted that, and at first I thought it had worked, as the real time protection showed it was enabled. Within 5 minutes though, it was again disabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

This issue has been resolved. We have just released a patch for this issue with Database 3803. Please update to the most recent update database by clicking on Updates on the Dashboard. 

DB.PNG

App.PNG

 

Head here for more info: 

 

Thanks,
Cecile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lurkusmaximus said:

I attempted that, and at first I thought it had worked, as the real time protection showed it was enabled. Within 5 minutes though, it was again disabled.

I'm testing it on my desktop and for me it still works fine.

Well .. I also did regclean but I don't think it's needed since Malwarebytes cleaner edits the registry on its own.

Try to open "My Account" - if it will open without an error  (cannot connect to license server) go back to main window and try restart Malwarebytes.

Hmm ...  

I think the problem is caused by the Malwarebytes License Servers.

But I'm not yet sure.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

ps. seems like patch is released. Thank you Malwarebytes.

Edited by r05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fix worked OK on my Windows 10 box, and the memory consumption is under control on Windows 7, but the Web Protection will still not enable on Windows 7, either through the pop up or the protection tab of settings. Anyone else have this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, celee said:

Hi,

This issue has been resolved. We have just released a patch for this issue with Database 3803. Please update to the most recent update database by clicking on Updates on the Dashboard. 

(SNIP)

Thanks,
Cecile

For those of us who uninstalled, will a fresh install jump straight to the correct update? Just want to make sure before I take the time. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lurkusmaximus said:

The fix worked OK on my Windows 10 box, and the memory consumption is under control on Windows 7, but the Web Protection will still not enable on Windows 7, either through the pop up or the protection tab of settings. Anyone else have this issue?

Same for me, I still do not have the web protection working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Floo92 said:

Same for me, I still do not have the web protection working.

once i did update had to manually turn web protection back on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lurkusmaximus said:

The fix worked OK on my Windows 10 box, and the memory consumption is under control on Windows 7, but the Web Protection will still not enable on Windows 7, either through the pop up or the protection tab of settings. Anyone else have this issue?

did u manually turn web protection back on AFTER update

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lurkusmaximus said:

Thanks. Looks like we have a partial fix for non-Windows 10 users.

im on windows 8 and manually turn web protection on after update and working fine for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I realise the inconvenience and even distress caused by this event to many,  I can't help but think that since this only came on earlier today presumably with an update, feedback here was addressed quickly and the thing fixed within hours.

Not too bad really.  There are a few other critical software vendors who wouldn't even get close to fixing a problem in that time.

Personally I'm impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falcon32 said:

once i did update had to manually turn web protection back on

I did but it woulnt work.
Now I waited a bit, unistalled, reinstalled and updated, seems to be working fine again :)

 

I gotta say even though this was a a really annoying issue, they reacted pretty quickly. Good point for them :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.