Jump to content
giapet

Memory Leak? >5gb

Recommended Posts

Same here, started about 2 hours ago.  Have uninstalled fot the time being, hoping to hear something from them.

Have never had it this bad, but this is a repeat of about 6 months ago.

 

ARRGGG!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, just wanted to thank Malware Bytes for all the lost work. Came here to just say screw you and found this topic... so I'll just put it in here.

Just went out for dinner, let my pc running. Comming back and my pc had crashed. Only 1 of 2 displays was working, but nothing responded. Had to restart the pc, went into the logs and turned out the pc ran out of virtual memory?? Had no idea what happend. Lost all my excel sheets I had been working on today. FML. And then it happend again. PC crashed in front of my eyes. Taskbar disappeared, mouse worked but nothing else did anything. Hard reset, because nothing worked. Now Veracrypt is crying data errors in volumes... FML!!! Went into taskmanager and yeah.. found the answer to all the trouble.... Malware Bytes starting up and using over 6000 MB RAM !!! WTF!!??!!!

6000 MB!!! With spikes going higher.... Auto saved files... all gone because of this stupid censored up Malware Bytes. 

Thank you! Uninstalling and never comming back. How the hell can you push out an update that does this??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FreaZ said:

Yeah, just wanted to thank Malware Bytes for all the lost work. Came here to just say screw you and found this topic... so I'll just put it in here.

Just went out for dinner, let my pc running. Comming back and my pc had crashed. Only 1 of 2 displays was working, but nothing responded. Had to restart the pc, went into the logs and turned out the pc ran out of virtual memory?? Had no idea what happend. Lost all my excel sheets I had been working on today. FML. And then it happend again. PC crashed in front of my eyes. Taskbar disappeared, mouse worked but nothing else did anything. Hard reset, because nothing worked. Now Veracrypt is crying data errors in volumes... FML!!! Went into taskmanager and yeah.. found the answer to all the trouble.... Malware Bytes starting up and using over 6000 MB RAM !!! WTF!!??!!!

6000 MB!!! With spikes going higher.... Auto saved files... all gone because of this stupid censored up Malware Bytes. 

Thank you! Uninstalling and never comming back. How the hell can you push out an update that does this??? 

my buddy lost all his experiment work for college.. 5 months of it..ouch!!

 

Edited by falcon32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are the Malwarebytes.

Resistance is futile. Infection is inevitable.

Lower your firewalls and surrender your RAM.

We will integrate your technological distinctiveness and our program to crash your computers.

All your Sub Processing Belong to US!

A little joke a friend of mine told me a long time ago, more so for Malware programs and not Malwarebytes.  But I laugh, cause it fits the situation even if it is a pain in the ass cause it just fits the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reiter said:

We are the Malwarebytes.

Resistance is futile. Infection is inevitable.

Lower your firewalls and surrender your RAM.

We will integrate your technological distinctiveness and our program to crash your computers.

All your Sub Processing Belong to US!

A little joke a friend of mine told me a long time ago, more so for Malware programs and not Malwarebytes.  But I laugh, cause it fits the situation even if it is a pain in the ass cause it just fits the situation.

not funny..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did get it to completely stop on my AMD machine by exiting Malwarebytes and ending task on Malwarebytes Service.

I can't get Malwarebytes to stop on my Intel machines doing the same thing so they are turned off.

To Malwarebytes staff,  as a user 3 has been a nightmare at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To temporarily disable Malwarebytes, you can following these steps after a fresh reboot...

Go to Start | Run and type services.msc.  Find "Malwarebytes Service" and double-click it.  Change the startup type to "Disabled" and then click OK.  Last, reboot your computer.

C'mon Malwarebytes, at least acknowledge something is going on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surprise, but same here. My computer crashed a couple of times :-(. I've now stopped Malwarebytes from starting automatically at Windows startup. Let's wait and see how quick an update which solves this problem is deployed

Edited by OnnoRoosenschoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same as everybody else, memory overflow, crash, unable to connect to server.

Uninstalled reinstalled, same problems.

Not sure I will buy a new licence when this one finishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falcon32 said:

not funny..lol

to true my friend.  I realize some people lost incredible amounts of time and it is terrible....but MB is meant to fix the problem malware creates where the joke my friend originally told me many years ago and he used the Borg as the theme.  But now MB is the culprit of the problem.  Just seemed to fit the situation at the moment :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every machine in my house is out of memory ... 99% of it taken up by the MalwareBytes Service.  Killing the Service in task manager just causes it to restart.  This is just as of today.  I assume some really sweet update with some killer feature went out just recently.  Nicely done.

What a cluster.  Let me guess, I need a new subscription to the tool that allows one to control the memory consumption of MWB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

having same problem, w/ win7  pulled up task manager, hit end task it would stop & clear the memory, & then pop right back up again, wtf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. Had to uninstall it in order to get it to stop. What a colossal screw up. Maybe I should switch to the free version so at least I'm not paying a company to sabotage my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SleepyMaya said:

When I closed it from task manager it did come back on, but then I closed it from the program itself instead of task manager and it seem to stay closed for now.

I killed it from the task manager and it stayed closed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhackOBill said:

Every machine in my house is out of memory ... 99% of it taken up by the MalwareBytes Service.  Killing the Service in task manager just causes it to restart.  This is just as of today.  I assume some really sweet update with some killer feature went out just recently.  Nicely done.

What a cluster.  Let me guess, I need a new subscription to the tool that allows one to control the memory consumption of MWB.

You need to stop the service and set its startup type to "disabled". Start by quitting the system tray app. Then Right Mouse Button (RMB) "This PC", select manage, expand "services and applications", click services. Scroll down. RMB "Malwarebytes service" and select "stop" if it's running. Select "properties" and change the startup type to disabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um...

https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer

Log in to follow, share, and participate in this community.

->

https://support.malwarebytes.com/login.jspa

Welcome to Malwarebytes Support

Our Malwarebytes Support site is open to all users. No login is required to browse and view the content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slimpickens said:

Oh no.  How long before the terminators show up.   Seriously, i cant turn it off or uninstall it.   Ill try uninstalling in safe mode

If they all look like Summer Glau I'm cool... otherwise I have wine...

Edited by Dr_Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is rippling it's way across the net.  Apparently some businesses run this stuff on systems that they should not.  Of course, there's no one there on the weekends so it's taking out their stuff by sucking all of the memory up on the systems.  This is going to make the news ... probably in a few days once it all percolates up and the total impact is realized.

I've disabled the service.  Hopefully I can update MBAM's database with the service killed so I can get around this.  If I turn the service back on, I'm not sure I can get the update loaded before my systems eat themselves.

How does something like this go out without being tested?  I think someone was perhaps asleep at the wheel.  It's not OS specific either ... it has killed Win7, Win8, and Win10 machines in my house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 10 Beta version build 17083.rs.

 

Memory eating problem has just occurred.  Fully uninstalled and cleaned then re-installed.  No difference.  The memory usage gradually builds up until the computer is paralysed.  Here have 8 Gigs of RAM.

Only way to stop it is to close MB and stop the service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me as well. I was in the middle of a dungeon in Final Fantasy XIV when I started getting low memory notifications, then my computer went to a black screen and I had to do a hard reboot.

At first, uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes seemed to fix it, but after a while the memory leak came back, so I have it uninstalled now until things get fixed.

Edited by Nulien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using a Win 8 Surface with 4GB and  Malwarebytes Premium 3.3.1. Malwarebytes services has gotten as high 3013 MB. This just started around 11AM CST. For now, I've just turned it off. However, seeing as I'm paying for this product, this is unacceptable.

I'm glad I"m not the only one experiencing this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has any staff replied to this?  Here or anywhere else?  If so, I missed it.  Love to have a link.......

Edited by f14tomcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.