issue with malwarebytes

Just checked my MBAM console and the servers that I have manually turned off blocked sites are showing Online, however the others are showing Offline. My bets are that the clients wont be able to receive the update fix, probably going to be manual fix for any affected machines/servers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are having come clients getting the updated policy from our server, turning off protection. Rebooting the computer seems like it might help get the policy update. Once that's done, that should allow the update to roll-out. We won't be turning protection back on until the update is on all the computers.

We got hit with this too.  We are using MWB EPP with the Cloud console. Many many servers reporting offline and 99-100% memory usage on servers and workstations.  Many offices are unable to work and are just completely down since the server is non-operational and workstations can't connect.

Per someone's suggestion, I have moved all servers to a group that has all protection turned off for MWB, since they mentioned Website Protection fixed their problem.  So far is hasn't fixed anything however.

Very frustrating.

10 minutes ago, superaj said:

We got hit with this too.  We are using MWB EPP with the Cloud console. Many many servers reporting offline and 99-100% memory usage on servers and workstations.  Many offices are unable to work and are just completely down since the server is non-operational and workstations can't connect.

Per someone's suggestion, I have moved all servers to a group that has all protection turned off for MWB, since they mentioned Website Protection fixed their problem.  So far is hasn't fixed anything however.

Very frustrating.

If you can get onto the servers then you should be able to manually disable Website Protection but if you have lots of servers this isn't really an option. I also found that auto quarantine is enabled on my MBAM policy so I think this is why some of my server services are not working even after disabling Website Protection, I think it has quarantined some files to do with services like Exchange. Contemplating restoring file system.

5 minutes ago, CoxGreen said:

If you can get onto the servers then you should be able to manually disable Website Protection but if you have lots of servers this isn't really an option. I also found that auto quarantine is enabled on my MBAM policy so I think this is why some of my server services are not working even after disabling Website Protection, I think it has quarantined some files to do with services like Exchange. Contemplating restoring file system.

How are you manually disabling?  We show the icon but otherwise it's headless...looks like that will be changing after this mess is sorted out...

1 minute ago, Spambone said:

I am just a home user without servers. My whole machine kept shutting down (BSOD). After multiple restarts I disconnected from internet and then uninstalled Malwarebytes completely. Now machine works OK. At least I can get on the internet.

I would keep an eye on this forum them: 

You are probably affected more by the RAM. I dont recommend uninstalling as I did it on one server and it is still broken due to quarantined files pre uninstallation.

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.

• thisisu locked and unlocked this topic
10 minutes ago, superaj said:

Has anyone been able to verify this fix yet? Can you describe your specific scenario? e.g. Server rebooted once and was fixed. Or it took workstations multiple reboots?

We are waiting to hear back from clients so no news yet. 

Here's an example from another user: 

It's fixed now. Many users have made similar posts confirming. 

If by fixed you mean the latest def are fixed yes. However, almost all of the machines that have the v03 def will not search for updates.

In order to update these without manually uninstalling / rebooting we've had to change their policy to one with no protection, perform update and then switch them back.

Actually providing information like this would be useful rather than just posting everything is fine when it's not.

1 hour ago, NathanMitten said:

If by fixed you mean the latest def are fixed yes. However, almost all of the machines that have the v03 def will not search for updates.

In order to update these without manually uninstalling / rebooting we've had to change their policy to one with no protection, perform update and then switch them back.

Actually providing information like this would be useful rather than just posting everything is fine when it's not.

I've found that disabling the website blocking, then updating the database fixes the problem and the website blocking can be re-enabled. No restarts are needed, but we are running 1.80 for MSP, so it could be different for others.

What I can't figure out is how to do this on all the machines that we can't talk to because of this issue. Has anyone found a viable way to tell the remote devices to update? The impacted devices don't seem to be checking in to LabTech/Automate.

2 hours ago, thisisu said:

Here's an example from another user: 

It's fixed now. Many users have made similar posts confirming. 

Thanks, but I'm more curious about user's of MWB EPP's Cloud Console.  Is there a way we can check from the cloud console which version protection updates an endpoint has?