Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

Hi, my system has been infected with a RAM hogging malware which keeps on starting up even after I forcibly terminated its process in task manager. I managed to pinpoint it as MBAMService.exe which when left alone causes my memory usage to spike up to 90% which then goes on to inflate the size of my page file up to 25GB. I am running out of disk space because of it with about 258MB left. Anyone knows what malware is this MBAMService.exe?

Me too! 16GBs of RAM eaten, CPU went to high 95+. Had to disable MBAM Service to stop it restarting constantly....Glad It wasn't just me! 

Made an account for this damn post haha.

Also made an account just for this.

Issues started approx. 30 minutes ago (17:30 CET), already received an update.
So I am on version 3.3.1.2183, component 1.0.262 and on update package version 1.0.3799.

However, the issue persists...memory leak (and malwarebytes is unresponsive) as well as web protection is off.

Edited by scheuri

Same here.   Started about 11am eastern today.  Steadily increases until it crashes our computers (3 affected in our house).  

Created a new account to get added to the list.

My pc randomly crashed.  Rebooted and noticed real-time protection disabled.  Trying to get it activated lead me here.  Had to uninstall after watching it go from a couple of 100mb's to 10gb.

Whatever the update was....it completely screwed the program.

Edited by joker1231978

Same here, i had to restart windows without MBAM activated. This is the second major bug in the last 6 months if i remember correctly. :/

Edited by Anuwiel

I am seeing the same issue on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 computers.  Frustrated and only slightly relieved by the fact I am not the only one.

1 minute ago, XBarbarian said:

only solution was to uninstall, for now. end tasks, only saw it repeat it self.

Same here all you can do for now.

Also made an account for this. Managed to kill the process and get it to stay dead but I was up to 99% RAM usage and an almost unresponsive computer.

Wow, since I turned it I now see the proof of a slowdown caused by MWB, without it, my system is speedy again.  It's a pig, and now it's a runaway pig.  I've used it for years but stuff like this is really looking like I'm alpha testing something and I'm unhappy.

MB staff said a fix would be in 10 minutes...15 minutes ago.   I uninstalled as the safest thing, and am depending on bitdefender to protect my pc.  Come on, Malwarebytes!  You are supposed to be the top rated anti malware!

Same thing happened to me. Uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest installer (mb3-setup-consumer-3.3.1.2183-1.0.262-1.0.3791). It took a few tries to get through to the license server but it finally re-premium-ed it. Working OK so far...

1 minute ago, JavaNocKziK said:

Do I win?

mb.PNG

I didnt grab a screen shot but you're weak with chrome only at 237MB. I think I was at like 2,300 MB with malwarebytes around your number. Good times lol

Just now, KevinYu0504 said:

Wow !

Indeed you are the winner until now . :P

Not sure of that ... shadowwar had 40GB used of 48 (different thread).  Ironic since that's a staff account.

Signed up to say '#Metoo'

But really some information on my side: I was fine last night, as of 10 hours ago. Turned my PC on and was fine for a hour or so. Was playing a game and my PC hard crashed. Rebooted and it locked up on booting into login screen. Made it into sign-in, had 'web protection is disabled'. Forced the program to close and run in NON-administrator mode, and web protection ran for about 5 minutes then stopped, closed MBAM.exe by taskmanager and here I am.

25% cpu usage on i5-8600k and 8GB+ memory usage here. My pc crashed and I was wondering what was going on. Just noticed by checking this post...

Just now, kaylaartist said:

MB staff said a fix would be in 10 minutes...15 minutes ago.   I uninstalled as the safest thing, and am depending on bitdefender to protect my pc.  Come on, Malwarebytes!  You are supposed to be the top rated anti malware!

Your in good hands