Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

Computer useless had to uninstall and was barley able to do so!!!,, hopefully my license is screwed now!!!

I checked the MB update log - the program updated just over an hour ago.....there is probably a bad file in there somewhere.

Uninstall is unnecessary. You can disable the process, then kill it in Task Manager and it will stop automatically restarting.

Disable by: Windows Key + R -> Type then enter: services.msc -> Find the Malwarebytes process and double-click: change the startup type to "disabled" -> End task the MBAMService process in Task Manager

Same here.

Just continuously eats RAM until system becomes unusable forcing a reset.

Very surprised at Malwarebytes for this. Given the far reaching damage its caused, it can't have been properly tested internally!
For me personally, its caused loss of work and loss of work time. 

They need to provide a full and detailed response as to what happened, why it happened and what they are going to do to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

Malwarebytes service was using 13GB of RAM. I noticed my disk space was filling up too although I'm not sure if that is related. The web protection couldn't start either.

Disabling the service worked as a band aid. 

Same problem here. Mbam service went so far as to crash out my other running applications to eat up more ram and cpu cycles. I expect that from some off-brand anti-malware freeware, but not MB.

Edited by WC20

While we are fixing this "MBAMservice.exe is crashing every single computer in the world at the same time" can we also please fix the incompatability of MalwareBytes with Google Chrome not allowing web protection to be on as long as there is an instance of chrome.exe running?

Neither of these issues should EVER be happening with a service as large as this one and I'm really concerned about if I can trust my computer's security when MalwareBytes isn't even testing their own products.

1 minute ago, Tjc222 said:

Tried lastest update and still climbing.

Same here, I just started mb to check for an update. It updates but then continues to eat RAM.

1 minute ago, Tjc222 said:

Tried lastest update and still climbing.

Can they not just republish last properly working version, then take the time to figure out the problem and solve it for good?

Guys, give up. It's over. We need to either let our AV handle all the work or find something else, like Hitman Pro or something. Malwarebytes is dead.

Same problem here.  Signed up to post.  Crashed Firefox while reading a page... and then crashed my PC shortly thereafter....   beep beep... black screen... beep beep..   I thought I had a virus or who knows what.  Shut down.  PC was HOT... like I'd been playing a game.  I KNEW something was amiss.  Same as others, I went through the Task Mgr stuff with identical results.  MB will autorestart from TM shutdown IF it's open .  I finally found it will not auto restart if you close it down ( the program , open on screen ).. and then kill it in TM. 

Crazy.

1 minute ago, jh12123 said:

Can they not just republish last properly working version, then take the time to figure out the problem and solve it for good?

but rollback is accepting defeat!

Finally managed to uninstall immediately after a forced shutdown and restart.

This is crazy .... the service suddenly jumped to 80% of my RAM and was spiking my CPU to 40%.

Maybe I'll reinstall some other time but if this is what Malware Bytes calls QC, I'll pass on using their software.

8 minutes ago, WISlim said:

Uninstall is unnecessary. You can disable the process, then kill it in Task Manager and it will stop automatically restarting.

Disable by: Windows Key + R -> Type then enter: services.msc -> Find the Malwarebytes process and double-click: change the startup type to "disabled" -> End task the MBAMService process in Task Manager

Yeah, I couldn't remember how to do this at the time. The whole mess had me too distracted so I just went for what I thought was the easiest solution.

Edited by Merik2013

I wasn't able to avoid the crash. As of now I have to continue to close the program b/c it keeps opening causing massive slow down!

Yep, I do. All can do is wait for them to roll it back or fix it.  Happened to me a few years back with Trend Micro.  Its rare for these events to occur, but when they do, it really shakes your confidence in the product.