Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

Looks like I'll have to remove Malwarebytes permanently. This is not the first time I had problems with it. And it's the premium version. I'll just have to find out how well Kaspersky can handle everything on its own. Malwarebytes, you just lost a 5-year customer.:angry:

5 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

We are working on it.

Please fix it ASAP ,

this terrible trouble shouldn't happen on Malwarebytes this kind big company .

6 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

We are working on it.

Good. Save us all from the misery and the anger we're lost in already.

I had noticed some issues with the top of my browser bar and went to attempt a scan to investigate when i had noticed the real time protection was off and thought something was wrong, so i was doing a full scan with MBAM when i noticed that the memory usage was off the charts and jumped on the forums, which brought me here, i suspect i was very close to my computer crashing, I've killed Malwarebytes in task manager and stopped it from turning itself back on in services. came here to report my experience and hope that something is done about this very soon.

I had to the same issue. I uninstalled for now, and the memory usage issue has gone away.

It also disabled my website protection and would not allow me to turn it back on.

Gradual increase over a few minutes: https://gyazo.com/eb08570103986d9f729ddc7c210ead16

On uninstall: https://gyazo.com/f5fbf887f21477eac8d65ec67060731a

Edited by egypt

I deactivated the Malwarebyte service in the Windows Computer Management fore the time being after it sucked up 90% of my RAM.

<windows><X> then "Computer Managment", then "Services and applications" at the bottom left and then " Services", select "Malwarebytes Service", right-click and select properties. Select "Start type= Deactivated" and ok. If then still running, kill it in the task manager and it will not restart.

This is obviously no solution but should prevent your computer from crashing until MWB have come back with a solution. You may then need to change it back to "automatic".

I had the same problem. RAM fills up to 98% max, program closes then my computer goes black and froze. First I thought my hard drive was going to die. After reboot, i was able to take this screenshot.

image.png.ea485c2a0e244a0e3e01de61dec43f6d.png

And my NAS that still running Win7 in VM also freezing, glitching and can't run taskmanager

image.png.504dc56ad944a673492c3655a67e20da.png

Edited by hund

More than just Premium. My email is blowing up with what I hope are false flag notifications on our Enterprise edition installation.

I also have the same problem. Constantly eating my ram and the web protection is disabled. I didn't uninstalled it though, I just disabled it on services.msc

Edited by woenel

Just now, Phobos_Anomaly said:

Uninstalled for now as well. Using Windows crappy Defender and Adwcleanear

I'm living on the edge and using nothing.

Sing songs of me.

same problem for me MBAMService going crazy for no reason  i hope malwarebyte staff fix this fast :unsure:

dont need to uninstall it turn the option for load on start up off and reset your rig  then it wount be running a eating all your ram thats what iv done till thay fix the epic memory leek

I'll pile on to the list of "me too!". I'm running Windows 8 and I'm also getting the server connectivity issues. This is one hilariously infuriating bad memory leak.

High memory usage here as well.  Never had a problem like this with the program.  My system was running fine last night.  Woke up this morning and it was locked up.  Restarted, and it was almost non-responsive.  When I finally got task manager to come up, I saw it was using 11GB out of 16GB of memory.  My system couldn't breathe.  I killed Malwarebytes from my taskbar and everything returned to normal.  I started it back up again and watched it slowly slurp up all available memory.  I also saw notifications that Malwarebytes protections were being turned off, probably due to not enough memory to run.  I'll be uninstalling this until a fix is made available.

5a6caff93eefb_Taskmanager.JPG.afa4163c34837cda0772964a8a7b88f6.JPG

Throwing my hat into the pile of "MB almost killed my pc" with ram and cpu usage. Please fix this asap.

1 minute ago, WISlim said:

More than just Premium. My email is blowing up with what I hope are false flag notifications on our Enterprise edition installation.

Please keep us posted on this information.

I've finally given up for the time being and had to kill the process and service pair.  Naturally, this is an outcome I didn't want to reach, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

I posted in a different topic, didn't see the main one. I was thinking my machines got hit with some malware that corrupted MWB. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

12 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

We are investigating now. Trying to do a new publish which should be out in 10 mins. if everyone can check if this resolves it.

db update with a potential fix is MBAM3 Version: 1.0.3799

Tried lastest update and still climbing.