Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

1 minute ago, Davebert said:

My problems started with the Real Time Protection Is Turned Off warning and it went downhill from there. Been fighting crashes and out of or low memory errors from Win7. Also uninstalled and reinstalled and had issues with my reg code or reg server and that even locking up. Finally uninstalled it completely with Revo and will wait until it is really fixed. Ruined my whole morning...:angry:

2 minutes ago, Sounga said:

ok seriously guys. they have fixed the problem already. your Malewarebytes program will show that updates are current but if you do the update then turn Malewarebytes off and back on again (you may have to kill the process in your task manager as well) but after that it all gets fixed. i am holding stable at 208 ram right now and my processor is not going goof either.

Thank you for the QUICK FIX and Hot Fix deployed!!!! all Is normal after manually updating and RESTARTING computer!! 

3803 fixed both of my pc's running Windows 10 Home 1709. Those that it appears to have not fixed it, what version of Windows are you running?

image.png.0a7f7126b40d9898480d6edfe1590e5a.png

I have the same issue. Memory up at 4-5 Gig on an 8 Gb machine.

Have run the bot's diagnostic, but don't want to upload my files without protection.  Options?

Edit: Seems fixed by unloading Malwarebytes, restarting Windows, updating Malwarebytes.  Stable at c.200Mb.

Edited by mlawson
Issue fixed

You must restart the service, just closing MBAM and opening it up again is not enough. A reboot would do the same if your more comfortable with that.

20 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

You must restart the mbamservice, totally exit mbam  or reboot for 3803 to fix it.

1 minute ago, mlawson said:

I have the same issue. Memory up at 4-5 Gig on an 8 Gb machine.

Have run the bot's diagnostic, but don't want to upload my files without protection.  Options?

ok seriously guys. they have fixed the problem already. your Malewarebytes program will show that updates are current but if you do the update then turn Malewarebytes off and back on again (you may have to kill the process in your task manager as well) but after that it all gets fixed. i am holding stable at 208 ram right now and my processor is not going goof either.

Had to use Task Manager to kill Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Service. First time, it restarted itself and you could watch continuously use more and more memory. Had to kill it a couple of times before it would stop reloading. Like others, it would chew up all of memory and even fail to connect to the license server. Given the number of people reporting the same issue, it's got to be a problem with Malwarebytes and not your system.

Just now, TonyJ said:

Had to use Task Manager to kill Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Service. First time, it restarted itself and you could watch continuously use more and more memory. Had to kill it a couple of times before it would stop reloading. Like others, it would chew up all of memory and even fail to connect to the license server. Given the number of people reporting the same issue, it's got to be a problem with Malwarebytes and not your system.

It's been fixed with 3803 -  just update and reboot.

22 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

You must restart the mbamservice, totally exit mbam  or reboot for 3803 to fix it.

they have fixed the problem already. your Malewarebytes program will show that updates are current but if you do the update then turn Malewarebytes off (you may have to kill the process in your task manager as well) and back on again but after that it all gets fixed.

edit:  Fixed on three of four computers so far.  Understand things happen but still not happy that I have devoted many hours on a Saturday to resolving this issue.

Edited by bru

I can't get any updates to apply. How can I disable Malwarebytes until this is resolved? I saw someone say that that was a workaround. I'm not a technical person so simple instructions would be appreciated

Thank you very much, Malwarebytes team, problem fixed with the new databases update ?

Looks like the problem is fixed for me as well.

Might i suggest updating the installer to 3803 as well?
(that wasn't done when i started a download ~15 min ago)

The 3803 update does appear to fix the runaway RAM/resource usage issue, but it DOES NOT fix the issue with Web Protection being disabled.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Re: #839

They seemed to have released an update fixing the problem while I was posting. Reinstalled, had it check for updates and all seems back to normal.

Just now, johnnyzero said:

The 3803 update does appear to fix the runaway RAM/resource usage issue, but it DOES NOT fix the issue with Web Protection being disabled.

3803 also fixed web protection startup for me.

Just now, johnnyzero said:

Web protection work for me; it's fixed. Are you using the free or payed variant? (free don't have that feature)

I've checked for updates multiple times but still have not had one.  Luckily I have  been able to close the program before it kills my PC.  Still having issues with RAM and Web Protection.

Edit:  Finally got the update.  Looks like everything is going back to normal.

Edited by juhajek

fixed. scanned. all good. MBAM is back

you can all stop using your VirtualBoxes and VPNs. It's safe to come out.

Edited by Br0seph

Just now, MoKi said:

Web protection work for me; it's fixed. Are you using the free or payed variant? (free don't have that feature)

Paid.

2 minutes ago, johnnyzero said:

Restart the service first after the update or reboot.

40 minutes ago, celee said:

Hi everyone,

So sorry to hear you are all having this issue. This issue has been resolved. Please refer here for more info: 

Thanks,
Cecile

1 minute ago, johnnyzero said:

Both the computers I have on are apparently back to fully functioning. 

Good job at fixing this MB, thanks!