Malwarebytes

RAM usage - what is going on?

I crashed 3 times this morning. Didn't realize it was eating ram until I checked task manager. I should've checked it sooner. Was looking through Event Viewer for the culprit instead.

Just now, BuckyBadger said:

This bug absolutely wrecked my parents' computer. They are non-technical adults who could not debug a problem like this on their own. Fortunately, I was visiting and able to address the issue for them.

I cannot risk a recurrence of this issue when I am out of town. For all intents and purposes, my parents' computer would be completely disabled. This is PRECISELY the type of event I bought Malwarebytes to avoid. As a professional software engineer, I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the apparent lack of testing and QA that enabled this defective launch. I am cancelling my parents' subscription and it will never be renewed. Malwarebytes has lost 3 customers forever.

i am sure they dont give a fawk

1 hour ago, Heynowyourearockstar said:

1. Go to Settings and uncheck "Start Malwarebytes at windows startup" and "Enable self protection module early start".

2. Restart your computer.

3. Problem should be gone.

4. Don't forget to reenable these when problem is fixed

This guy just saved me!  Thank you

Thank goodness...now of course my web protection doesnt want to enable. And now its at 100% again for memory and disk.

Edited by jackwnoe

9 minutes ago, Swiped said:

We have been testing out patches. The most recent Database update, 3803, has seemed to stabilize and fix this issues. You can manually check for updates by click on updates in the Scan status box on the dashboard and confirm which update you are on by going to settings/About last four digits of "Update Package Version".

DB.PNG

App.PNG

Thanks this fixes it. 

2 minutes ago, blackbolt22 said:

Guys open the program and then in the dashboard on the right under scan status click on "Current" or whatever you have next to Updates:

Let it update then stop the service and mbam will reboot.. then go to Settings, About Tab.. and make sure it says update package version: 1.0.3803 under the other versions.

I did that and mbam service is less than 200megs and holding!

Everyone but me seems to know what MBAM stands for.  Give me a clue please.

some of you got 4gb only and call it painful, i have one on a server with 48gb memory now, rolling my eyes!

i have over 80 clients in different locations and by monday, i ll be like oicE7ir.gif

Just now, jackwnoe said:

Thank goodness...now of course my web protection doesnt want to enable

restart the application 

Can confirm that you NEED to restart your PC (or maybe the program) after the new update to make it work again.
Just updating it, didn't do anything. After a reboot it's pretty stable again for now.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Malwarebytes (formerly Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, abbreviated as MBAM)

4 minutes ago, Stufish said:

Someone owes you a worst pretender award. RAM can take so much more punishment than this.

You sure bout that, my systems 4 years old and I cant even get the bios  to post now.  When I woke up this morning my pc was frozen with a black screen and my processor temp read 68 degrees, after 3 restarts and crashes my pc wont even post now.  I find your blind faith in hardware disturbing.

4 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

delete post

Edited by banzaigtv

Same here. MY PC screen was going black and had to turn it off several times. Eventually managed to get task manager going and MB was showing 9000MB of memory, the usage was highlighted in red. Charts showed near 100% of memory in use. Every time I tried to stop the process it restarted so had to uninstall it. Not sure if it's related but it kept showing that pop up that real time protection thing was turned off.

Updated to latest fix, rebooted comp and everything seems to be working well so far.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

You must restart the mbamservice, totally exit mbam  or reboot for 3803 to fix it.

ok everyone looks like they finally got it! so lets all just chill. because i have been monitoring for the last 5min. and it seems to be stable now

Edited by Sounga
more info

Unable to use my computer due to MWB memory leak

Attempt to close MWB via task tray icon - Fail
Attempt to close MWB via Task Manager - Fail
Attempt to stop MWB service in Management Console - Fail

Only option to be able to use my computer again was to uninstall MWB? Really?

Fail

Same deal as everyone above. Malwarebytes memory usage continually grows until it locks up the computer. I had to do a hard shut off several times before finally figuring out Malwarebytes was out of control. I tried downloading and installing a new copy, but had the same problem. Finally had to uninstall it - hoping for a fix soon, as I feel exposed working without it!