RAM usage - what is going on?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having the exact same issue as everybody else and thankfully, my system didn't crash. And even when I quit MalwareBytes, the MBAMService kept reappearing and doing the same old crap again. The only solution I had left was uninstalling it.

I really hope this gets sorted soon because, I was thrown in a state of great panic the minute I opened up Task Manager and saw massive RAM usage. No wonder the fan of this laptop span double the speed all of a sudden.

6 minutes ago, UberT said:

Just right click on the small icon on the right and press quit malwarebytes, this worked for me and it shut off completely.

Is this a memory leak?

Yes, this worked for me. It took a few minutes for the MalwareBytes service to stop running and exit - but it did free up all the memory.

1 minute ago, BryanF said:

And even when I quit MalwareBytes, the MBAMService kept reappearing and doing the same old crap again. The only solution I had left was uninstalling it.

i think the trick is to kill it in the task manager before it has a chance to restart. that seemed to work but you have to get the timing just right. or just uninstall ;)

I had same problem here ,

The Malwarebytes server almost eat all my RAM , make my system almost crash !

even i reboot my system , nothing change !

the only way is using task manager to close the Malwarebytes server by manual .

This shouldn't happen on Malwarebytes is kind big company ,

hope they fix this issue ASAP .

Edited by KevinYu0504

Created a forum account to comment on this thread.

This seemed to have begun sometime within the past hour, but Malwarebytes now uses more and more memory the longer it is running.

I've just reinstalled the software and, the moment I entered my licensce key, Malwarebytes Service began using more and more memory. Over the course of about 5 minutes, it consumes all available memory on my system, ignores any attempt to change any of the settings, and fails to respond to a quit command from the taskbar. After forcibly killing the service, the program restarts, and the cycle repeats. 

Been a customer using MBP for years now, and this is the first major issue I've encountered. 

Please address this issue immediately!

6 minutes ago, WhatIsGoingOn said:

process is called malwarebytes service 

Indeed. I had tried killing it but not unexpectedly it came back to life and started committing virtual memory again. Just before that Windows (7) had stepped in and closed a few processes in order to keep running but nearly all of VM remained committed. As I run Malwarebytes as secondary protection after ESET Internet security  I have just uninstalled Malwarebytes as a temporary solution in order to keep working. 

7 minutes ago, jh12123 said:

i think the trick is to kill it in the task manager before it has a chance to restart. that seemed to work but you have to get the timing just right. or just uninstall ;)

I did that, but the process kept coming back like some crawling insect. Uninstalling it was the best solution.

Although, I hope my license for MBAM Premium can still be used, should I reinstall it when we get official word of it being fixed.

I can't even quit the program in the task bar. It stays open permanently.  Was shocked to open task manager to see it using 15gb of memory.. it seems to be the latest malware definition update that does it, as before I updated definitions the program only used 300mb. 

Can anyone help me close the program? I tried net stop mbamservice.exe and it won't close, I tried right click close mbam and it won't close.