RAM usage - what is going on?

BuckyBadger

I suppose every piece of software you work on works ALWAYS. I am not defending MBAM, but your dramatic responce is not great. Get your parents a 

Chrome so you don't have to fix it.

I have only used one security program that never had problems EVER while everyone around them & today had big problems.  WIPING OUT WINDOWS

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, CrapshackCo said:

You sure bout that, my systems 4 years old and I cant even get the bios  to post now.  When I woke up this morning my pc was frozen with a black screen and my processor temp read 68 degrees, after 3 restarts and crashes my pc wont even post now.  I find your blind faith in hardware disturbing.

You should read their EULA section 9

Just now, Hydroace said:

Same deal as everyone above. Malwarebytes memory usage continually grows until it locks up the computer. I had to do a hard shut off several times before finally figuring out Malwarebytes was out of control. I tried downloading and installing a new copy, but had the same problem. Finally had to uninstall it - hoping for a fix soon, as I feel exposed working without it!

There's a fix already released by Malwarebytes.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/220112-important-web-blocking-ram-usage/

12 minutes ago, eraashigupta said:

I am still facing the same issue after 3803 infact when i checked my about page it was 3803 already there.

At a closer look I see all real time protection is turned off. If I turn it back in the problem reappears.

Same issue, Web protection is turned off and will not turn on.

5a6cd0892f1c5_2018-01-2713_56_20-.png.46e80a8fa6f4065436601ceaa52fa485.png

Also MBAMService.exe keeps gradually eating all my ram until Windows fails (low/no memory). Tried quitting Malwarebytes, keeps coming back, tried ending process tree, keeps coming back!

5a6cd1d91c550_2018-01-2713_56_59-WindowsTaskManager.png.e0f7ccc6af3015adeb8b52c04e5e4381.png

Had to uninstall it to get it to stop! Also tried reinstalling and the problem returned, had to uninstall again.

Before the fix was released, I used the clean app and it installed an old version that was not affected. 

I re-enabled the service on the wifes pc, and then then restarted MB and checked for updates. The ram climbed and climbed, but it updated and appears fixed to me.

You can use the MB cleanup if your pc cant update fast enough (I think) but seems like things are ok.

Funny side note I had a random scam call last night trying to extort $ saying bad code was on my PC, I asked my IP, they said a default one which was wrong, and then when I told them it was wrong an asked for my WAN IP, they hung up. This morning all my 3 pc are messed up and I am thinking "how much am I willing to pay the bass tards... so this problem was a huge relief...I thought I was ransomed

Started the service again and clicked the check for updates button before the RAM climbed too high.  The update installed, but I needed to shutdown/restart the app.  Everything appears stable on my box now.

Malwarebytes version:  3.3.1.2183

Component package version: 1.0.262

Update package version:  1.0.3803

Edited by afbergner

13 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

You must restart the mbamservice, totally exit mbam  or reboot for 3803 to fix it.

ok seriously guys. they have fixed the problem already. your Malewarebytes program will show that updates are current but if you do the update then turn Malewarebytes off and back on again (you may have to kill the process in your task manager as well) but after that it all gets fixed. i am holding stable at 208 ram right now and my processor is not going goof either.

3 minutes ago, KenW said:

BuckyBadger

I suppose every piece of software you work on works ALWAYS. I am not defending MBAM, but your dramatic responce is not great. Get your parents a 

Chrome so you don't have to fix it.

I have only used one security program that never had problems EVER while everyone around them & today had big problems.  WIPING OUT WINDOWS

You're correct that Chromebooks solve most of this problem. Unfortunately, they can't run all applications that my parents require.

My parents' browsing habits are already cautious and conservative, so the risk of them actually running malware is low. Compared to the risk of another event like this from Malwarebytes, uninstallation is the clear winner. I wish it were otherwise, but Malwarebytes has simply lost my confidence.

2 minutes ago, HRM said:

Before the fix was released, I used the clean app and it installed an old version that was not affected. 

I re-enabled the service on the wifes pc, and then then restarted MB and checked for updates. The ram climbed and climbed, but it updated and appears fixed to me.

You can use the MB cleanup if your pc cant update fast enough (I think) but seems like things are ok.

Funny side note I had a random scam call last night trying to extort $ saying bad code was on my PC, I asked my IP, they said a default one which was wrong, and then when I told them it was wrong an asked for my WAN IP, they hung up. This morning all my 3 pc are messed up and I am thinking "how much am I willing to pay the bass tards... so this problem was a huge relief...I thought I was ransomed

Using old security software isn't the wisest thing one can do, just saying. . .

My problems started with the Real Time Protection Is Turned Off warning and it went downhill from there. Been fighting crashes and out of or low memory errors from Win7. Also uninstalled and reinstalled and had issues with my reg code or reg server and that even locking up. Finally uninstalled it completely with Revo and will wait until it is really fixed. Ruined my whole morning...:angry: