• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, DonWiss said:

Much simpler to open MalwareBytes. Go to Settings along the left. Go to second tab: Protection. Scroll down to Start up options. Turn off the first one that starts MalwareBytes upon startup. Reboot.

Now you're running without any protection. Yep, much simpler, just not safe.

Guys open the program and then in the dashboard on the right under scan status click on "Current" or whatever you have next to Updates:

Let it update then stop the service and mbam will reboot.. then go to Settings, About Tab.. and make sure it says update package version: 1.0.3803 under the other versions.

I did that and mbam service is less than 200megs and holding!

This bug absolutely wrecked my parents' computer. They are non-technical adults who could not debug a problem like this on their own. Fortunately, I was visiting and able to address the issue for them.

I cannot risk a recurrence of this issue when I am out of town. For all intents and purposes, my parents' computer would be completely disabled. This is PRECISELY the type of event I bought Malwarebytes to avoid. As a professional software engineer, I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the apparent lack of testing and QA that enabled this defective launch. I am cancelling my parents' subscription and it will never be renewed. Malwarebytes has lost 3 customers forever.