• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same here (from Holland). 

I have the free version, my laptop just crashed and I did not know and I looked in Task Manager in Windows 10: MalwareBytes Service uses 10GB tot 13GB of my 16GB DDR4...

So I am gonna delete MalwareBytes. Before I reinstall this, I must be fixed. But really, 10 to 13 GB of my 16GB ram, oh my god! 

At the photo: 94% geheugen is 94% memory.

Edit: 14GB of 16 

And now Windows is not responding. Yeay I like this kind of problem.. (not) 

20180127_190814.jpg

Edited by Johan501

Same problem here.

Temp work around (above - several times) to stop and make it manual start and "no action" on recovery works great (many thanks) - when we were quick enough & patient enough to get there to do it!

Another new forum member just to follow this thread - waiting for solution (and some explanation of the problem!)

10 minutes ago, WhatIsGoingOn said:

Holy stuff. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from the events tonight. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the censoreding censored is Malwarebytes eating up my ram? This can’t be happening. I’m having a censoreding breakdown. I don’t want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Malwarebytes  to be fixed and protect my computer again. I cannot censoreding deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought Malwarebytes wasn't having any issues with memory leaks??? This is so censoreded.

Son? Is that you?

To everyone having this issue, immediately uninstall the antivirus and keep it uninstalled.

The ONLY way to keep it turned off is to uninstall it.

- Keeping it disabled on startup won't help.

- Killing it from task manager won't do anything

Uninstall it immediately and don't get on any "unsafe" sites until the issue gets fixed.

4 minutes ago, Vincentius said:

Been having the same problem, uninstalled and reinstalled a bunch of times and can't connect to the license server right now. Just kinda joining the forum to keep up on updates to the problem.

I did a reinstall using mb-clean and it's not hogging my memory, but I disabled its protection features until it's sorted out.

Edit: I still get the 'can't connect to "unable to connect license server".

Edited by WY_tang
add more information

#MeAlso...

Too bad the #MeToo hashtag is taken because we need one here!!!

To get back to work I booted into safe mode, then in Services set the startup for mbamservice to DISABLED

Speaking as a software engineer I cannot believe MalWareBytes was so sloppy that they let a bug this bad out into the wild.   There better be a new unemployed software engineer with MalWareBytes on his CV this monday!

Same here. It seems that for many of us, the problem has occurred today or within the last 24 hours or so. My guess is that we all have something in common. I was watching a Youtube video within Google Chrome browser. My main theory right now is that an update, either windows, Google Chrome, or Malwarebytes itself, went live and I believe at that moment the memory leak began either during, or after its installation. We won't know for sure until someone uploads the logs for the Troubleshooting team here, via the instructions from the automated reply at the top of the page.

Edited by Andrewtech89