mbates14

bunch of stuff blocked all of a sudden such as all of google

Home premium user here.  Problem started for me about two hours ago or so. 

I uninstalled from safe mode until this can be fixed, not really happy to be running without protection. 

One thing I noticed is that my OneDrive service is scanning every file I have in OneDrive. 

Not sure if this is a result of what happened with MBAM, is anyone else also using OneDrive seeing the same behavior

After all the pinned CPU and disk from the MBAM problem it's a little frustrating that I need to sit through the OneDrive scan (takes over an hour) until my disk utilization is unpinned again. 

I dont use onedrive or any cloud service for that matter outside of Dropbox and I use dropbox in the web browser. 

I dont even map network drives because lets say you do get hit with ransomware, your F*d. All of my work/project/important files are behind a layer. say FTP or WebDAV or something along those lines that dont map out to a symlinked drive. 

Edited by mbates14

MWB team, can't you just roll back to this mornings update that wasn't broken? Seriously this is crazy. How hard can it be?

MBES endpoint security started to block everything  after installing the updates this morning.  We have tens of computers with MBES Business installed and they are all crying for internet. I received hundreds of Malwarebytes Management Server “Malwarebytes Alert: Malware Threat Detected” notifications this morning and they all look like false positives. MBES is blocking Malwarebytes.com as well....

What's going on guys?????

02 not working.PNG

01 working.PNG

There are 2 approaches to software releases. Roll-back if you find any problems (since you didn't expect them and have no real idea of what's causing them - presuming you tested your release).

The other approach is called forward-fix. No company - no Professional company - that I've ever worked for in 40 years as a software developer/IT Manager has ever willingly chosen forward-fix in a customer facing release.

So either this is an incredibly S**T company or ?????     If they can't go back then that's a bit more worrying than just being crap.

4 minutes ago, geologist said:

MBES endpoint security started to block everything  after installing the updates this morning.  We have tens of computers with MBES Business installed and they are all crying for internet. I received hundreds of Malwarebytes Management Server “Malwarebytes Alert: Malware Threat Detected” notifications this morning and they all look like false positives. MBES is blocking Malwarebytes.com as well....

What's going on guys?????

We are approaching 120,000 events.

image.png.ea8b59c292fc43dbc8c84c9d37641251.png

9 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

MWB team, can't you just roll back to this mornings update that wasn't broken? Seriously this is crazy. How hard can it be?

this

They probably CANT go back because the definition file has a number < than current. so the software rejects it as oldversion. 

Try this with Android. Install an older version of the same app on top of a newer version and it gets BLOCKED. has to be uninstalled. 

thats likely the same thing going on here. 

That pesky little thing that gets in the way called USW or VersionCode. 

Edited by mbates14

1 minute ago, mbates14 said:

They probably CANT go back because the definition file has a number < than current. so the software rejects it as oldversion. 

Try this with Android. Install an older version of the same app on top of a newer version and it gets BLOCKED. has to be uninstalled. 

thats likely the same thing going on here. 

So, ummm... give it a new number? ;)

V11 is still broken for us too. When will you resolve this already, some of us aren't paid to be at work waiting for you to fix your bad code.

Please update your databases and let us know if the issues persist.

Just now, wcutler said:

JUST GOT A NEW UPDATE DATABASE AND IT IS WORKING?!?!?!?!?!

V12 seems to be working here as well

IT Systems Administrator for the county, Sheriff's Department. This is a public safety issue. Our deputies are unable to CAD themselves out on calls. It is blocking our VPN client so we can't remotely disable the website blocking or push them out a policy update.

What is the status of this issue?

5 minutes ago, MysteryFCM said:

Please update your databases and let us know if the issues persist.

It is working, thank you

6 minutes ago, wcutler said:

JUST GOT A NEW UPDATE DATABASE AND IT IS WORKING?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks for the heads up