mbates14

bunch of stuff blocked all of a sudden such as all of google

For now anyone seeing issues should probably kill mbamservice.exe if you can, and if necessary uninstall Malwarebytes from your system until the staff announces that this issue has been resolved in order to prevent any possible loss of data/system crashes.  Once they've got a fixed update pushed, reinstall/reactivate your Malwarebytes protection and all should then be well.

Using Endpoint Security for Business. Clients running database version v2018.01.27.1 are experiencing the blocking issue reported. Clients running v2018.01.26.08 are not affected.

I know of 2 Goto websites currently blocked  - GoToRemoteAssist and OpenVoice.

The problem with this software, and every software like it by nature is you cant install older definitions on top of newer ones because of how they are signed, and the Update Status Word or USW. 

They would have to take the old file, Re-sign it, and give it a new USW so itll take it. Which they probably tried like 4 times now and it doesnt work. 

1 minute ago, Bazinga said:

Stated earlier in this thread -- no. That's why some of us are asking for a reissue of an earlier, known good update.

Damn, hopefully they do it soon. Are they aware?

3 minutes ago, davidf said:

Still having the same problem with v07 here

I now can access all websites and the internal notworks that were blocked before. But I still getting emails from several machines in the network. Strange.

I called Malwarebytes at 11:22am and just got this from support via email.

I made the change advocated.  It's early to tell, but I think it is resolving things for us until the true fix is out.

"Our apologies on this it does appear to be a false positive. We are working to resolve this immediately and get these definitions updated.

At this time we would recommend disabling the Malicious Web Protection layer temporarily on the affected Settings > Policy to resolve this in the interim until we get the fix pushed.

Again we are truly upset at this situation and pushing for a fix as quickly as possible."

4 minutes ago, asilver said:

I now can access all websites and the internal notworks that were blocked before. But I still getting emails from several machines in the network. Strange.

Just updated to v07 and re-enabled website protection. Still having problems, though it seems to be fewer than before.

We are having this issue as well. We are currently running v 2018.01.26..07 and have pushed out 2018.01.27.07 and no changes for the positive. I've changed our policy to turn off website blocking as it's blocking CNN.com, Google.com, etc... HOT MESS!!

23 minutes ago, jamestlarson said:

Nothing is confirmed, but it is a possibility they've been hacked. I'm reserving judgement until there is more information.

However, the staff ignoring this issue and ignoring this thread is pretty telling. Hopefully we'll get some information soon here.

We're not ignoring the thread, I've just not got an update yet.

Turning off web protection has got me back online, thank you for this.

I'm running Premium Home version 2.2.1.1043 | 2018.1.27.3

I was freaking out about an hour ago, I am happy that so many people came together so quick to figure out a band-aid fix.

1 minute ago, MysteryFCM said:

We're not ignoring the thread, I've just not got an update yet.

Acknowledgement is appreciated especially when this error is crippling IT operations for thousands of customers.

Thousands? more like 10s, to maybe 100s of thousands. However many are running premium this hit if they took the update. 

This took down our whole organization including data center and customer applications.

The just released v8 doesn't fix the issue either. It is blocking all connections.

V09 not working here either. I've not had any RAM issue like others have reported maybe it's because I'm still on v2

Its a good thing malwarebytes newer versions blocked the ability to be installed on servers without upsell, otherwise all of my servers would have been down right now. 

v09 still blocking.

Also possible related (or not). Tried to start IE to see if it was across all browsers. Getting "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." Disabling Anti-Exploit for Business fixes this error.

1 minute ago, davidf said:

V09 not working here either. I've not had any RAM issue like others have reported maybe it's because I'm still on v2

Yep, V2 is unaffected by the RAM bug. 

V3 has been a joke since it came out, consistent issues which is why I scrapped it. 

4 minutes ago, davidf said:

I haven't tried v09 of the update yet.

I'm still on v2.x and I've not had the RAM issues experienced on v3.

Does anyone know where to download MBAM V2?

Liked it also much more then V3 which gives a lot of problems..