Jump to content
mbates14

bunch of stuff blocked all of a sudden such as all of google

Recommended Posts

Well, looks like its all over reddit now as well. Congrats malwarebytes, you probably just made the story of the internet. 

Edited by mbates14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, computer_freak said:

What is everyone doing to temporarily resolve this. Nothing is working within our company right now. Are you disabling through the Malwarebytes management console? 

In Home Premium v. 2.2.1.1043, disabling Malicious Website Protection fixed the web site blocking. Not a good fix, but a workaround.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, computer_freak said:

What is everyone doing to temporarily resolve this. Nothing is working within our company right now. Are you disabling through the Malwarebytes management console? 

Shutting down the website blocking. If that doesn't work, killing it completely. No fix ATM. 

 

 

BTW looks like malwarebytes is blocking their own domain making the software using up all CPU cycles ATM. I had to kill the client. 

Edited by mbates14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reddit, Google, SVCHost, etc all blocked here as well

 

Edit: Vimeo, oh stuff, it actually is everything

Edited by Kyle0814

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JimmySays

  • New Member
  •  
  • JimmySays
  • Members
  •  
  • 1 post

I have this version and it doesn't have the Web Blocker problem or Memory utilization issues the recent updates are having. All of my clients run Malwarebytes End Point Protection - I have a lot of support tickets open and I have fielding calls most of this morning regarding the current issues.

Appreciate the updates and good information.

This update is working great - I don't have my work PC automatically update anything. So that worked out in my favor this morning.

 

image.png.858cb395d73cc7430e5e8ef2ab52eb05.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xesmajew said:

Ok when is this going to be resolved? We are lucky its Saturday here. Did MalwareBytes get hacked ??

Nothing is confirmed, but it is a possibility they've been hacked. I'm reserving judgement until there is more information.

However, the staff ignoring this issue and ignoring this thread is pretty telling. Hopefully we'll get some information soon here.

Edited by jamestlarson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If not, whoever is responsible for Definitions Updates is gonna lose their job over this one. If this would have been a weekday, lawsuits would be flying right now. 

I had to kill the software. it started eating up RAM and CPU cycles all of a sudden. 

Edit: Just got a call from an employee at work, our graphics machine just crashed due to malwarebytes as he was unaware of whats going on. I told him to start up safe mode and kill all the processes out of services and runtime. 

We run minimal staff on saturdays. 

Edited by mbates14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mbates14 said:

If not, whoever is responsible for Definitions Updates is gonna lose their job over this one. If this would have been a weekday, lawsuits would be flying right now. 

I had to kill the software. it started eating up RAM and CPU cycles all of a sudden. 

You are right, I'm also just gonna close it for the time being

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm, issues at 10:44AM as we have updates done every 10 minutes. We had to close our business down earlier due to this. Malwarebytes needs weekend support.

First thing I thought was a bad database update, as same thing happend back in 2011 with an Astaro firewall I had. 

We instantly turned protection off and forced an updated. Not sure if all the computers go it (200 of them) because we can't VNC into them. So I think we have to go to each PC and reboot them. That seems to work.  So first we turned off protection for both Malware and Anti-Exploit, then drove in 10 minutes, come in to reboot PCs, and then I can VNC to them as the service is disabled completely.  

How do you roll back? Can you rollback an update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just collected database update v2018.01.27.07   - which so far looks good 

I am still using MBAM Premium v2.2.1.1043 which was suffering the same problems as v3 

I was seeing blocks on IP range 172.217.23.xxx plus many Facebook, Google and AdBlock-Plus URL's  

Disabling Web Protection was effective but not ideal - but latest database update appears to be OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, asilver said:

v07 seems to be working. Anyone else?

Still having the same problem with v07 here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MysteryFCM said:

I'm currently talking to both one of the developers and one of the support team (he's been able to reproduce it) to try and find out what is going on.

As soon as we have an update as to the cause, I'll post back.

Malwarebytes needs to review their disaster recovery plans/alerting the public. Just put up a Twitter post or something on your website. 10:44AM the issue happened that I can tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MysteryFCM

  • Forum Deity
  •  
  • MysteryFCM
  • Staff
  •  
  • 6,768 posts
  • Location: Tyneside, UK

I'm currently talking to both one of the developers and one of the support team (he's been able to reproduce it) to try and find out what is going on.

As soon as we have an update as to the cause, I'll post back.


 

Steven Burn

Web Protection Team Lead

staff.png

Follow us: Twitter, Become a fan: Facebook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, user18954 said:

Can confirm, issues at 10:44AM as we have updates done every 10 minutes. We had to close our business down earlier due to this. Malwarebytes needs weekend support.

First thing I thought was a bad database update, as same thing happend back in 2011 with an Astaro firewall I had. 

We instantly turned protection off and forced an updated. Not sure if all the computers go it (200 of them) because we can't VNC into them. So I think we have to go to each PC and reboot them. That seems to work.  So first we turned off protection for both Malware and Anti-Exploit, then drove in 10 minutes, come in to reboot PCs, and then I can VNC to them as the service is disabled completely.  

How do you roll back? Can you rollback an update?

No rollbacks as the update overwrites. Maybe MB can change that and archive the last 10-20 updates on our local builds so we can rollback in scenarios like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kyle0814 said:

Is there any way to roll back the update? Or can they do it?

Stated earlier in this thread -- no. That's why some of us are asking for a reissue of an earlier, known good update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.