mbates14

bunch of stuff blocked all of a sudden such as all of google

I'm currently talking to both one of the developers and one of the support team (he's been able to reproduce it) to try and find out what is going on.

As soon as we have an update as to the cause, I'll post back.

It all started after v2018.01.27.03 signature was updated around 10:43am. MB is also blocking access to my IP cameras and DVR.   

i created a new policy and removed malwarebytes protection, placed one pc in there, and that one works now, but that is not good, not the right way to take care of this, obviously

Yes.  This is bad.  Please fix this ASAP.  I have multiple departments down right now and all internet traffic is being blocked.  Let us know what information you would like from us to expedite the process.  Thank you!

Just now, t14jlong said:

Yes.  This is bad.  Please fix this ASAP.  I have multiple departments down right now and all internet traffic is being blocked.  Let us know what information you would like from us to expedite the process.  Thank you!

same please let us know how to revert it or how to fix immediately!

Version 2.2.1.1043

Database 1018.1.27.3

Same problem as everyone else.  My log looks like everyone elses, but I don't know how to post.  So just reporting versions I hve

No because the data gets overwritten. 

Its in your user/ programdata folder if you wanna find out. 

Edited by mbates14

We are having this problem as well 80+ end points blocking ever out bound connection from browsers, Dropbox, GoToMyPC, VNC server.

Thanks....I guess we'll just make the 15 users here in the office vulnerable until the they fix this...we're being blocked from all internet access. Hope it's not going to take too long. 

Yep the whole internet is down now because of this disaster. 

I do run a company and I am the head CTO of it. If this were my company I would weed out who was responsible and that person would be FIRED. 

Just adding my report here as well.  Having the same issue, tons of website blocking from all kinds of apps:

1/27/2018 10:19:14 AM   Blocked web site        Type: outgoing, Port: 59480, Process: chrome.exe        172.217.11.142

1/27/2018 8:19:24 PM    Blocked web site        Type: outgoing, Port: 57917, Process: dropbox.exe       162.125.34.6

1/27/2018 4:33:07 PM    Blocked web site        Type: outgoing, Port: 64993, Process: spoolsv.exe       172.16.12.202

We're using an on-premise server for Malwarebytes for Business.

Looks like I am going to coin this one the Great Malwarebytes Blackout of 2018. The software that broke the internet. 

Edited by mbates14

1 minute ago, mbates14 said:

Looks like I am going to coin this one the Great Malwarebytes Blackout of 2018. 

What makes you think it's only going to happen once this year? Certainly not their track record...

So I've disabled anti-exploit and we're still having problems.....................

It's apparently the actual endpoint client.

Edited by BrentB9193

6 minutes ago, itlifesaver said:

Can confirm we have clients on Enterprise completely down and disrupted from this. ANOTHER MALWAREBYTES DISASTER!!!

We have been using MB for over 7 years and never had an issue. Simmer down fella!!!