PaulJ

Web Protection Will not stay on

Does anyone else run MalwareBytes 3 together with Kaspersky? I have been running both simultaneously (they are supposed to be compatible). I have NOT added the required exceptions in Kaspersky yet (so I have the occasional web-protection deactivation), but everything was running well until today, so I assume this is unrelated to Kaspersky. 

Could someone please confirm that they got today's problem with MalwareBytes WITHOUT having Kaspersky on their system? I just want to confirm this is unrelated.

2 minutes ago, TomSummers said:

So im having the same issue with web protection, couldnt get anything to work so i uninstalled and reinsatlled and now i cant activate my premium account as it keeps saying it cant connect to licence servers 

I have the exact same problem.

Same here. Says an update check is in progress, gets stuck on trying to restart realtime protection, etc. Terrifying, and we need more than an automated response or I'm going to start panicking, step up please.

2 minutes ago, rnw said:

Does anyone else run MalwareBytes 3 together with Kaspersky? I have been running both simultaneously (they are supposed to be compatible). I have NOT added the required exceptions in Kaspersky yet (so I have the occasional web-protection deactivation), but everything was running well until today, so I assume this is unrelated to Kaspersky. 

Could someone please confirm that they got today's problem with MalwareBytes WITHOUT having Kaspersky on their system? I just want to confirm this is unrelated.

I run it alongside Avast, but that isn't the issue.  This only started today for everybody, so MBAW has to be the cause.

2 minutes ago, rnw said:

Not running anything along side Malwarebytes so yeah, not just a clash between the two it seems.

I am having all of the problems everyone above is having. I am glad I found this forum as I wrote an email and probably wasn't getting a response back before Monday. Getting really annoyed with these constant issues. 

Exact same problem for me just now on same version as others. Ate all my memory, screen went dark, had to press computer button to turn off and on again.
Rinse and repeat three times.
Tried to end the task and it jumped right back up and started eating memory again.
Tried to stop the service and it didn't stop.
Finally tried to uninstall Malwarebytes, and then when I stopped the task again it uninstalled.
Someone please let me know when this is fixed.

I'm also having this problem, I reinstalled, and even added exclusions from a prior post on this topic, although that user was on Windows 7 instead of the Windows 10 I use. This stuff needs to be fixed, it's really censoreding up my computer now. I'm having more trouble with it now than ever before and it's not even a year old.

Edit: Really, they censored my post for cursing? No offense, but censored ups happen and this stuff needs to be fixed. I'm having same issues, dark screen, freezing. I'm not paying money, money that is quite a lot for poor me, to have a software that not only doesn't do what it is supposed to, but messes with my computer as well.

Edited by Windborne

Same here, real time protection turned off, unable to connect to service.

Since other people have the same problem I did not do anything but quit and restart malwarebytes.

I have the same issue since this afternooon. Web protection turns off all the time. I also experienced blinking and strange beep sounds so I turned off and restarted.  Tried to reinstall but still the same.

mb-check-results.zip

The Malwarebytes problem (won't start Web Protection" just started this morning on my system.  And I am surprised anyone would be running Kapersky software  these days.  

I've the same problem here, no webprotection possible and also the connection to the license server is broken somehow. 

No Kaspersky, only Windows Defender & Malwarebytes over the past 3 years.

Edited by JoeWhizer

I'm also having this problem, running 

Version 3.3.1.2183

Package version 1.0.262

Update package version 1.0.3799

What's more irritating is that the Malwarebytes Support website is down or malfunctioning, too.

Same issue. 32 tabs open in Firefox and FF crashed and said it couldn't recover but doing so manually did and then after tabs restored black screened then rebooted. MB reported web protection off and can't turn back on. 

mb-check-results.zip

somethings that staff have said in the past "if you use anti virus software, make sure you exclude/allow the malwarebytes folders and files" and thats pretty much it but that's not helped a single person who responded to any of the threads i read.

Guess I am not the only one LOL. As tacky as it sounds any suggestions on comparable software to MB? I'm tired of this happening all the time and don't want to pay for something that constantly has the same problem.

Same issue here. Started yesterday :-( Is it a botched

win update that's causing it ? Can't start web prot, but the other 3 is running.
Got a message about the licensing server also.. But my license is not due for renewal until feb 21..
Checked my Hosts file. Nothing there.

Web protection is vital to me, as I'm all over the internet :P

And yes. I'm using the current MB and definitions

Edited by BjornH
Adding things

Just now, BjornH said:

Same issue here. Started yesterday :-( Is it a bothed win update that's causing it ? Can't start web prot, but the other 3 is running.

This happened to MB last year at least twice, its MB who messed it up with a release of an update.. and gain today.

1 minute ago, BjornH said:

Same issue here. Started yesterday :-( Is it a bothed win update that's causing it ? Can't start web prot, but the other 3 is running.

No, windows has nothing to do with malware bytes being a piece of sh!t software that the staff havent patched in over a year.

Edited by Depleted

SURELY by now Malwarebytes realizes they have screwed up with this latest release.  How long before they either roll it back to the prior release or find the source of the problem and release a fix?   This does not bode well for Malwarebytes reputation.

Yeah thats at least the second time for me that t his happens too. And if this is not going to get fixes very soon, I don't think I will renew my subscription again. Not gonna happen.

At this point Im open for anyone to suggest a replacement for this program. Tired of paying for stuff service.