Web Protection Will not stay on

Does anyone else run MalwareBytes 3 together with Kaspersky? I have been running both simultaneously (they are supposed to be compatible). I have NOT added the required exceptions in Kaspersky yet (so I have the occasional web-protection deactivation), but everything was running well until today, so I assume this is unrelated to Kaspersky. 

Could someone please confirm that they got today's problem with MalwareBytes WITHOUT having Kaspersky on their system? I just want to confirm this is unrelated.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, rnw said:

Does anyone else run MalwareBytes 3 together with Kaspersky? I have been running both simultaneously (they are supposed to be compatible). I have NOT added the required exceptions in Kaspersky yet (so I have the occasional web-protection deactivation), but everything was running well until today, so I assume this is unrelated to Kaspersky. 

Could someone please confirm that they got today's problem with MalwareBytes WITHOUT having Kaspersky on their system? I just want to confirm this is unrelated.

I run it alongside Avast, but that isn't the issue.  This only started today for everybody, so MBAW has to be the cause.

2 minutes ago, rnw said:

Not running anything along side Malwarebytes so yeah, not just a clash between the two it seems.

Exact same problem for me just now on same version as others. Ate all my memory, screen went dark, had to press computer button to turn off and on again.
Rinse and repeat three times.
Tried to end the task and it jumped right back up and started eating memory again.
Tried to stop the service and it didn't stop.
Finally tried to uninstall Malwarebytes, and then when I stopped the task again it uninstalled.
Someone please let me know when this is fixed.

I'm also having this problem, I reinstalled, and even added exclusions from a prior post on this topic, although that user was on Windows 7 instead of the Windows 10 I use. This stuff needs to be fixed, it's really censoreding up my computer now. I'm having more trouble with it now than ever before and it's not even a year old.

Edit: Really, they censored my post for cursing? No offense, but censored ups happen and this stuff needs to be fixed. I'm having same issues, dark screen, freezing. I'm not paying money, money that is quite a lot for poor me, to have a software that not only doesn't do what it is supposed to, but messes with my computer as well.

Edited by Windborne

Same issue here. Started yesterday :-( Is it a botched

win update that's causing it ? Can't start web prot, but the other 3 is running.
Got a message about the licensing server also.. But my license is not due for renewal until feb 21..
Checked my Hosts file. Nothing there.

Web protection is vital to me, as I'm all over the internet :P

And yes. I'm using the current MB and definitions

Edited by BjornH
Adding things

1 minute ago, BjornH said:

Same issue here. Started yesterday :-( Is it a bothed win update that's causing it ? Can't start web prot, but the other 3 is running.

No, windows has nothing to do with malware bytes being a piece of sh!t software that the staff havent patched in over a year.

Edited by Depleted