MB blocked

otis

MB has been a big help, but I got a live one here.

Had the 'Antispyware 2009' on a Vista PC. deleted from PgmFiles, but still MBAM blocked - 'Do not have Permission".

same for SuperAntispyware, and HJT.

Windows Live Scan won't run either.

Safe mode with Networking doesn't Network!!!!

PC si kinda running OK. No more 'Buy Me' popups, but I want to clean the damn thing.

any Suggestions??

thanx

Hi and welcome to the forum!

First try the fixes in #5 of this FAQ, if those don't help then please read and follow the directions below. Thanks!

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

* Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.

* Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.

* Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.

* If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.

* Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.

* There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

* NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

WOW. this is a real SOB, isn't it.

How about this: can I attach the Vista HDD to an XP set and clean it? will it clean the Reg.or just the bad files on the drive?

if this will work, it will be quicker than the other stuff, and less prone to my possible miss typing!!

thanx

Hi and welcome to the forum!

First try the fixes in #5 of this FAQ, if those don't help then please read and follow the directions below. Thanks!

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

* Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.

* Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.

* Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.

* If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.

* Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.

* There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

* NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

BTW, it's 'Antispyware 2009' that got in. do the instructions still apply?

also, on the date it happened, there are 6 new versions of ksecdd.sys that came in at 1am. but Windows Update is 3am.

all these show as legit MS, but 6 of em? should I delete them and restore the backed up one?

thanx

WOW. this is a real SOB, isn't it.

How about this: can I attach the Vista HDD to an XP set and clean it? will it clean the Reg.or just the bad files on the drive?

if this will work, it will be quicker than the other stuff, and less prone to my possible miss typing!!

thanx

BTW, it's 'Antispyware 2009' that got in. do the instructions still apply?

also, on the date it happened, there are 6 new versions of ksecdd.sys that came in at 1am. but Windows Update is 3am.

all these show as legit MS, but 6 of em? should I delete them and restore the backed up one?

thanx

I would follow the directions in my previous post. The experts will walk you through removal and check to make sure everything is cleaned.

Didn't work.

Rootrepeal crashed. Haven't heard back from them.

Every time I restore to an older point, it runs fine for a while, then programs start to get blocked or ???

MBAM launched, updated, then hid when I clicked Scan. HJT went away when I clicked Scan.

this really sucks.

I would follow the directions in my previous post. The experts will walk you through removal and check to make sure everything is cleaned.

Hi Otis and welcome to Malwarebytes,

The point is that we don't work on malware removal in this forum. You need to post a new topic in the Malware Removal HijackThis area as PrarieDog has already suggested twice. The people in that area are trained in this. The people here are not. If you are not able to follow the instructions due to not being able to run software, start a new topic there anyway and tell them that you are unable to post logs because you can't get the software to run. Someone will walk you through various steps and give you one on one advice. Be advised that it may be a day or so until someone gets to you. Lots of other people need help as well.

Meanwhile, it's best to stop trying to remove it yourself at this point because it only complicates things and makes the helper's job tougher and longer.

Thanks,