What do the numbers on the icon mean?

digmorcrusher

Quick question, numbers appear on the icon, they are different for each website I visit. I assume that means something has been blocked, however there is no way of knowing what has been blocked or why. So what exactly does this number mean and will there be any way in the future of knowing what and/or why something has been blocked? Because right now this number is meaningless, it could mean the number of beer I drank tonight, who knows. Basically you need to show us that this extension is actually doing something other than spitting out an random number on the icon.. Thanks.

While this isn't an authoritative answer, I'm pretty sure that number represents the number of blocked trackers (though it might apply to all blocks during the current session and/or on the current page, i.e. possibly ads and malware as well).  It's likely similar to how other blocking plugins/extensions display similar info such as Adblock Plus, Disconnect, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere etc.

• 1 month later...