I am having the same problem with my computer.  It seems like if it sits idol for a while the Edge browser gets redirected to the "Microsoft Critical Alert" website which is a randsomware  website.  I just installed MBs a week or so ago and it blocks the redirection of my webpage but prior to this my computer was being redirected nearly everyday to this "Critical Alert from Microsoft" scam website.  There is something on my computer that NONE of the virus removal programs are catching.  I am not great when it comes to computers but somethings on it and I would be very surprised if it only has to do with ads on the yahoo page.  My wife's computer doesn't redirect at all and she's on yahoo all the time.

This is the report I get back from MB:

Category: Unspecified

Type: Outbound connection   

Domain:  Verification.mytbar.com

File:  C:\\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftEdge_8wekybed8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

I get a block nearly every day. The outbound connection domain changes each day but the File does not. 

A couple recent days attacks:

Domain:  gp.symcd.com

Domain:  Kcworld2008.dothome.co.kr

File always the same: C:\\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftEdge_8wekybed8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

Can someone tell me what I have to do to stop this?  It's been going on for a couple months.  Why are none of the virus removal programs catching this thing?  Thanks for the help.  

Edited by ephyfe

"Microsoft Critical Alert" website

3 minutes ago, ephyfe said:

Why are none of the virus removal programs catching this thing? 

Because those are not viruses. If you insist on using edge add Ublock origin too it.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/ublock-origin/9nblggh444l4

And I would also suggest you open a topic in the Malware removal section to get a look at if something is hidden on your computer.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/7-malware-removal-for-windows/

So everyone using Microsoft Edge is having this problem?  If that's the case Microsoft has a big problem. My guess is there might be some malware on these computers and nothing is catching it.  The person who started this post is having the exact same issue and Ublock isn't going to solve anything, there's more to it.  I will take your advice and open a topic in the malware removal section.  Thanks for the reply.

I’m having a redirection problem with my computer.  It seems like if it sits idol for a while the Edge browser gets redirected to the "Microsoft Critical Alert" website which is a randsomware  website.  I just installed MBs a week or so ago and it blocks the redirection of my webpage but prior to this my computer was being redirected nearly everyday to this "Critical Alert from Microsoft" scam website.  There is something on my computer that NONE of the virus removal programs are catching.  I am not great when it comes to computers but somethings on it and I don't think it only has to do with ads on the yahoo page.

This is the report I get back from MB:

Category: Unspecified

Type: Outbound connection   

Domain:  Verification.mytbar.com

File:  C:\\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftEdge_8wekybed8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

I get a block nearly every day the outbound connection domain changes each day but the File does not. 

A couple recent days attacks:

Domain:  gp.symcd.com

Domain:  Kcworld2008.dothome.co.kr

File always the same: C:\\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftEdge_8wekybed8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

Can someone tell me what I have to do to stop this?  It's been going on for a couple months.  Why are none of the virus removal programs catching this thing?  Thanks for the help.  

2 minutes ago, ephyfe said:

So everyone using Microsoft Edge is having this problem? 

It happen to all browsers without ad blocking protection.

3 minutes ago, ephyfe said:

Ublock isn't going to solve anything, there's more to it.

Not always, I use it and I have never seen a warning like that unless I go to one purposely for research. My Clients all use it(I installed it) and I dont get calls from them either.

5 minutes ago, ephyfe said:

I will take your advice and open a topic in the malware removal section.

Still a good Idea. Just in case.;)

Thanks a lot for the reply,  If that's the case I'll call Microsoft tomorrow and complain.  I called them earlier and they just wanted to sign me on to a 1 year service contract to help me with my virus problems.  I have not visited any questionable websites with this computer except maybe some political websites. I have to download Discus software to post on the websites.  I don't think that's it.

9 minutes ago, ephyfe said:

If that's the case I'll call Microsoft tomorrow and complain. 

Waste of time, They don't control te ad networks that don't police their ad customers.

9 minutes ago, ephyfe said:

I called them earlier and they just wanted to sign me on to a 1 year service contract to help me with my virus problems. 

You were most likely  NOT talking to Microsoft. Just hope you did not allow them access remotely to your computer.

Edited by Porthos

• Root Admin

Not part of your Block issue, but you do have a ton of these errors in your  logs. Please review the following post to see if it corrects it for you and let me know.

https://justworks.ca/blog/eap-event-logs-are-full-of-dll-path-validation-errors

Error: (01/25/2018 02:47:34 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-EapHost) (EventID: 2002) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Skipping: Eap method DLL path validation failed. Error: typeId=17, authorId=9, vendorId=0, vendorType=0

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

Ron

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks