SiRHOSEven

Exploit ROP Gadget Attacked Block on Firefox 58.0

Every time I open firefox, I get this notification from Malwarebytes about blocking it then firefox closes. Here is the pic of the log in Malwarebytes(see attached file or link here https://i.imgur.com/gQOOTLL.png ).

Why is it now blocking firefox? Before ver 58.0, it's fine and no detections found. But now in ver 58.0, why??

I already talked to Firefox Support and they said that it is a false positive and must be added to excluded detections. I'm just worried. Should I exempt this or not?

mf.png

Edited by SiRHOSEven

1 hour ago, SiRHOSEven said:

Why is it now blocking firefox? Before ver 58.0, it's fine and no detections found. But now in ver 58.0, why??

:welcome:

Do you have any of the items in the hightled screenshot checked. By default they are NOT checked. If so please uncheck them.

Devailt exploit FF.png

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

:welcome:

Do you have any of the items in the hightled screenshot checked. By default they are NOT checked. If so please uncheck them.

Devailt exploit FF.png

I have unchecked it and it works fine. By the way, before it was check and everything is fine. But why now?

Thank you

1 minute ago, SiRHOSEven said:

But why now?

I think at sometime either you or the MB checked those at onr time and the current defaults are like my screenshot. You are not the first one to post about it today.