Can't restart computer after MBAM Scan

Hello,

I'm new here and looking for some help. I downloaded and used a MBAM scan. After the scan was complete I removed all the items I could but was told I had to restart to get the rest. I attempted to restart but all I recieved was a black screen. I tried to start in safe mode but had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Staff

Please try Last Known Good Configuration in the advanced boot options list.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000626.htm

If you're able to get access to the desktop and or our software try to get the logs or simply restore everything to see if the machine reboots properly.

• 3 weeks later...
Please try Last Known Good Configuration in the advanced boot options list.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000626.htm

If you're able to get access to the desktop and or our software try to get the logs or simply restore everything to see if the machine reboots properly.

I have a similar problem as the person above. I installed malware bytes followed the instructions and it told me to restart. Now I am unable to boot my computer. It goes to the windowsxp screen (when booting) and automatically reboots or restarts. I tried all of the advanced startup options but get the same result. tried them all safemode, last known good configuration-they all dont help... Please help! What can I do? Thank you.

• Staff
I have a similar problem as the person above. I installed malware bytes followed the instructions and it told me to restart. Now I am unable to boot my computer. It goes to the windowsxp screen (when booting) and automatically reboots or restarts. I tried all of the advanced startup options but get the same result. tried them all safemode, last known good configuration-they all dont help... Please help! What can I do? Thank you.
Is the recovery console installed? And do you have the operating system disks? These may be needed to try and get the system back up and running.

honfire, if you have a BartPE disk, you could boot your computer with it and save the MBAM log file to a USB stick or floppy. This log file would give TeMerc a great head start to getting your computer up and running again. And it would also help the MBAM research team to stop similar problems happening in the future.