Open Any Files

On 1/25/2018 at 3:15 AM, RockySand said:

Thanks a lot for writing back. We'll write an email for reconsideration and really hope our app will be removed from your malware list.

It's alarming to be a consumer of apps and run into a notice that one has been infected by a rogue application...  Especially in the App Store.  Can you explain why your application popped as a false positive, if and when you're removed from the Malwarebytes filter? 

It's sad to see good developers go punished, too.  I'm just interested in the theory behind everyone's conclusions.

Thanks!

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—

Open Any Files is classified as a "PUP" not a False Positive nor a rogue application that can infect one's computer.

For an explanation of PUPs see: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2016/02/how-to-avoid-potentially-unwanted-programs/

Edited by alvarnell

• Staff
On 1/28/2018 at 10:48 AM, iLeopard said:

Can you explain why your application popped as a false positive

As I said, this is not a false positive. We have specific reasons for this detection, but I'd rather not say more than that here, while RockySand is discussing it with our legal team.

4 hours ago, treed said:

As I said, this is not a false positive. We have specific reasons for this detection, but I'd rather not say more than that here, while RockySand is discussing it with our legal team.

I figured as such. . .  I was just being kind :-P.

Anyways, it's a jungle out there!  Thank God Malwarebytes.  

:wub:

malwarebytes.png.a99c4f5b5306f56aed95a44342e241d9.png

Edited by iLeopard

• 2 weeks later...