Real-Time Protection->Exploit Protection Turns Off

1 minute ago, Firefox said:

Staying on the beta should be fine... they do have a bug in it where it causes a BSOD on some systems, and they are working on that... if you are not getting any BSOD's then your not affected.  I am running the beta myself on several computers and have no issues.

Ok - I hear ya.

Thus far, I'm stable -- w/no instances of that lovely shade of blue (yet).  Might be less hassle for me to then stay on beta, unless I find myself regurgitating with BSODs.

Again, a note of goodwill to Porthos, et al, for the continuing prompt support.

I'll chime in again should I get a BSOD, and then try the clean install -- as per vbarytskyy's instructions.

:-)

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

running the beta with no issues but I hesitate to suggest it except for last resort. (because of the blue screen issue.)

Agreed. And given I didn’t mention the type of machine it is (eg, a home machine, call center machine, a mission critical production machine), best practices trump the “trial and failure” method.

Just now, Tonality said:

Agreed. And given I didn’t mention the type of machine it is (eg, a home machine, call center machine, a mission critical production machine), best practices trump the “trial and failure” method.

All machines are important one way or another. ;)