Website preview URL is always rejected by Malwarebytes as unsafe

abnet

I have a hosting account with one of the major hosting providers in the UK – https://www.vidahost.com/. I have been using Malwarebytes Premium for many years without problems relating to this host. However, in recent weeks I have noticed that the standard URL for my host's "Website preview" option (i.e. for use to preview website prior to transfer and propagation from old host) is always rejected by Malwarebytes Premium when I try to access it via my web browser. For example today I added a domain wsmprinting.com and have enabled the website preview option in the Cloud Control Panel, which it tells me is www.wsmprinting.com.gridhosted.co.uk.

However, when I enter that URL into any web browser on my PC it redirects to https://block.malwarebytes.com/ with a warning message “Malwarebytes blocked a suspected bad URL or an unwanted program”.

I have tried setting up a web exclusion within my Malwarebytes program for both www.wsmprinting.com.gridhosted.co.uk AND also for just the domain gridhosted.co.uk. However, whatever I try, Malwarebytes just will not let me access the preview URLs. This has only started happening in the past few weeks. If I disable the Malwarebytes Web protection module it lets me connect to the preview URL. However, I do not want to permanently disable that protection, and it’s odd that it’s only recently that Malwarebytes has stopped trusting these URL’s.

I am using Malwarebytes Premium v3.3.1.2183.  Has anyone any idea why this is happening, and how it can be fixed?

Thanks
Gareth

Thanks, that seems to have fixed it. By the way, I did not receive an email notification of your comment - even though the board/ my account settings are set to notify me whenever there's a comment on this thread. I have checked my spam filtering since yesterday and no sign of a notification there either - so perhaps worth you checking to see if there's a bug with the automated notifications.