MBAM OR SAS

Something you might wanna see...

Under "Clickstream"

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/991881.com

Anyone see something wrong with the "affiliate" sites there?

Also, on front page. "0.6% to t.991881.com" I can't see why it's there.

For all I can tell, it's a malicious site, but not up to me.

One more edit, contact information seems fake.

china, gd 525100,

gd

79817457 [at] qq.com

Again, another numeric domain?

OK, last one seriously, I was looking at some of the sites it links to, and found that most of 'em end with .ru or .cn or .cn, again all one letter and all numbers.

Based on what I've just seen from that site, I do not believe that would be a good idea. Aside from the drastically annoying popups that lead to phishing and dating sites, it also tried loading one site that attempted to load an exploit (to be fair, it wasn't 991881.com directly, but due to their popups). The domain the exploit attempted to come from is;

img.tongji.linezing.com

Which is also documented at;

http://www.who-is-who-in-gpt.com/forum/ind...showtopic=11081

/edit

Looking further shows 991881.com is a pirate site, and additionally, as mentioned by Noah, has obviously fake WhoIs data (I've reported the site for this).

Domain Name : 991881.com
PunnyCode : 991881.com

Registrant:
Organization : lee Hong
Name : lee Hong
Address : ZH.GD.CN
City : hz
Province/State : GD
Postal Code : 525100

Administrative Contact:
Name : Hong
Address : MM.GD.CN
City : MM
Phone Number : 86-0551-2361088
Fax : 86-0551-2361088
Email : ken623@21cn.com

Technical Contact:
Phone Number : --
Fax : --

Billing Contact:
Phone Number : --
Fax : --

WhoIs server: whois.paycenter.com.cn

Thanks for the information both mystery and noah.This site is actually a movie site that I have been using for some time.Never knew it was malicious.

As for the pop ups,I have blocked it using adblock plus and flash block so I should be fine.

Still want it to be unblocked because never had any problems on that site.

Thanks for the information both mystery and noah.This site is actually a movie site that I have been using for some time.Never knew it was malicious.

As for the pop ups,I have blocked it using adblock plus and flash block so I should be fine.

Still want it to be unblocked because never had any problems on that site.

Remember, most sites like this ARE malicious in some kind of shape and form!

What kind of a site is this second site?

Also, Exile recommended this site to me:

http://www.hulu.com/

Safe, free movie and TV viewing!!

So, use that if you wanna watch stuff :( Just thought I'd pass it along to you!

Ok.That site can remain blocked.

Now I'm receiving another warning about 121.9.234.233 while trying to visit so.56.com and I'm sure this is a false positive.

@ MBAM OR SAS

Unfortunately its probably similar to the situation that Mystery and Noah found on the first site...

Personally I'd just avoid movie and tv show sites unless you are viewing a movie or a tv show directly from the shows own website as they can be a hotspot for viruses, malware, etc...

Or for example, on usa network, some of the shows they have episodes online, like,

royalpains.usanetwork.com (just an example, not sure if that is the actual url or not)

For example, I watch Secret Life of the American Teenager (lol I know... haha) and if I miss an episode or want to see a sneek peek, I get it directly off of ABC familys official website... :(

Ok.That site can remain blocked.

Now I'm receiving another warning about 121.9.234.233 while trying to visit so.56.com and I'm sure this is a false positive.

Sadly, this is a well known malicious Chinese IP range. Whilst 121.8 and 121.9 are so far clear of malicious activity themselves, 121.10-13, which belong to the same range, have a plethora of malware and exploits. Until the ISP that owns this range, cleans this up, we cannot unblock them (as with most other Chinese ISP's, I've never been successful in getting a response from them).

Sadly, this is a well known malicious Chinese IP range. Whilst 121.8 and 121.9 are so far clear of malicious activity themselves, 121.10-13, which belong to the same range, have a plethora of malware and exploits. Until the ISP that owns this range, cleans this up, we cannot unblock them (as with most other Chinese ISP's, I've never been successful in getting a response from them).

Thanks for providing all these info.I'll just disable the ip protection for now until mbam includes an exclusion list.

Have a nice day :(

Please remove that picture from your signature as I keep getting pop ups with that signature displayed and this has been discussed in the avast! forum about your penchant for pictures in your signature:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=47926.0