giomach

Installing on a second machine (XP)

This is hardly a forum-type question, but I can't see any other support place to ask it.

I have a home subscription to Malwarebytes Premium.

I would like to install it on a second (older) machine.  First question: does my subscription allow this?

Second question:  The second machine runs XP SP3.  If I just download mb3-setup-consumer-3.3.1.2183-1.0.262-1.0.3707.exe and run it, it asks me to select setup language, and then gives "Runtime Error (at 350:120) Invalid floating point operation.

Thank you.

Hi @giomach!! I can answer the questions you have.

9 minutes ago, giomach said:

I would like to install it on a second (older) machine.  First question: does my subscription allow this?

Depends on how many devices you purchased your license for. If it's a 1 PC/device license, then you can only use it on one PC/device. If it's a 3 PC/device license, then you can use it on up to 3 different PCs/devices.

9 minutes ago, giomach said:

Second question:  The second machine runs XP SP3.  If I just download mb3-setup-consumer-3.3.1.2183-1.0.262-1.0.3707.exe and run it, it asks me to select setup language, and then gives "Runtime Error (at 350:120) Invalid floating point operation.

You'll get that error if your processor is no longer supported. Specifically, the CPU your older XP PC uses doesn't support SSE2 or it has been disabled in the BIOS. It's less likely disabled and more likely not supported. If you want someone to double check that, please tell us the technical specs and model of the CPU.

If you have any additional questions, just post them up.

Edited by AlexSmith

Thanks Alex.  It looks like I have "l license per PC".  So I need to upgrade the license.  But if I click "Manage My Subscription"  and sign in, it says I have no subscriptions.  That is not correct.

My system control panel says: AMD Athlon (tm) XP 2600+    2.08 GHz, 240 MB of RAM

11 minutes ago, giomach said:

AMD Athlon (tm) XP 2600+

The Athlon XP is an old CPU & does not support SSE2

11 minutes ago, giomach said:

So I need to upgrade the license.  But if I click "Manage My Subscription"  and sign in, it says I have no subscriptions.

Replacing the computer is your first priority. Once you have a compatible computer contact support for license help.  https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

The Athlon XP is an old CPU & does not support SSE2

Does that mean I can't run any version of Malwarebytes on this machine?