I am a Malwarebytes Premium customer. I am using AdwCleaner 7.0.6.0 on Windows 10. I run a scan. It identifies several PUP.Optional.Legacy items. I check one of particular concern and hit Clean. It gives me a dialog that says, "All processes will be closed - Please save your current work if any." This is absolutely what I do not want. I have several projects underway, involving hours of work. I cannot shut them down now. Unfortunately, the dialog does not provide a "No" option, nor a "Remind me in 4 hours" option," so I click the X in the upper right corner to kill that dialog. The PUP is not important -- I can return to this AdwCleaner thing later.

Unfortunately, the dialog will not accept No for an answer. The X in the upper right corner does not function as that X normally does: it does not prevent the task from proceeding. Instead, shutdown proceeds, I lose those hours of work, and everything I was doing is converted into a complete mess -- just as if I had clicked OK.

I had forgotten why I never used AdwCleaner. Now I remembered that something like this had happened a year or two earlier. They got me that time, too.

We all think that our own perspective is most important. I am humbly reminded that all those hours of work I lost, thank to this bug (or should I say "feature") in AdwCleaner, are trivial in the grand scheme of life and eternity. I can only hope that the AdwCleaner programmer will discover comparable humility, when considering whether his/her creation deserves the priority of canceling out hours' worth of work, when the user expressly indicates otherwise.

AdwCleaner.png

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that, believe me. This step is important to properly clean your computer from the traces that are found. That being said, the "[x]" button is confusing and shouldn't proceed further as if you've clicked [OK].

This behavior is fixed in the coming 7.1 which will get a more explicit message.

This is still a problem as of 3/6/18

Can we please disable this unnecessary function? Not even the flashship Malwarebytes main program requires such a forced reboot despite the users attempt to avoid.

Albeit not common, I do have situations in which this prevents me from even using the ADW Cleaner program as I cannot be forced by a program to reboot when I do not wish to reboot.

Thank you