[ RESOLVED ] No malware found

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes....

Not sure what type of help your looking for? Do you think you are infected but scan comes back clean?  We normally do not like results in word documents...

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

• Master Blaster
  •  
  • Firefox
  • Trusted Advisors
  •  
  • 17,340 posts

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes....

Not sure what type of help your looking for? Do you think you are infected but scan comes back clean?  We normally do not like results in word documents...

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Very interesting, read this reply, did the steps required, sent the required zip file same day I assume last Thursday, Jan 18 and nothing, no one has seen this maybe. Who knows?

From your word doc... you mention

Several weeks ago after I upgraded to this Free v 3.3.1 I have stopped receiving any notice regarding threats etc. In other words I no longer get any threats detected and consequently none quarantined.

This has become quite unnerving as prior to this upgrade Malwarebytes would on occasion find and quarantine threats.

I have not changed my browsing habits, so this is quite suspect that this version seems to be nothing more than a fun thing to watch.

I have recently downloaded and run the dds.com and those txt files are also attached.

Are you having issues with Malwarebytes? Are you only using the Free Version?  The free version is only an on demand scanner and does not actively protect you. 

I understand the free version is only an on-demand scanner, I know this. My issue is that when I run Malwarebytes since I upgraded from the previous version I never get any hits. It is as if suddenly with this new version I mysteriously never get any malware. Seems odd does it not that previous to this new version 3.3.1 I would occasionally get threats detected and after upgrading now I do not get any threats detected and consequently, none quarantined. I run Malwarebytes about 2 to 3 times a week. You would think that with no change in my browsing habits that I would still get detections, but nothing.

Not sure what version you were using previously... if it was version 1.x or 2.x, then MB3 is way more powerful and has better detection engines in it, as well as other protections modules. It is very well possible that nothing is being detected at this time on your computer and its clean.  If you want a second opinion you could always post in the malware removal area and they can review your logs and check.  As long as MB3 (and your antivirus software) is fully up to date, it will detect anything that it was designed to detect if it was on your computer.