Malwarebytes VS my last submit

Sentoryn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Amaroq_Starwind said:

That makes sense actually. The first time I ever heard of phishing, it was actually my sister's Steam account that was the victim.

Yep, for the past several years, Steam credentials have been one of the top targets for Trojans, keyloggers, password stealers, phishing campaigns and similar threats.  I guess it makes sense given how extreme the anti-piracy measures in many of these modern AAA video game titles are these days, so it's probably a lot easier just to steal someone's valid license/account login than it is to try and get around the countless extensive anti-piracy measures added to the games by the developers/publishers.

Plus, some of these in-game items for some of these online titles sell for big bucks on ebay and the like, though why anyone would pay anyone real money for an in-game item is beyond me.  I don't even buy DLC, I just wait for the "ultimate/includes everything" edition of the game to come out, and once the price drops because the game is a bit older, I buy it on Steam for around $10~$15 or less.  Of course being the anti-social creature that I am, I don't play online with other people anyway, so even if the servers are dead by the time I start playing it doesn't matter to me at all.  I just play against the AI/through the story mode(s) etc. and that's it.  I've never been one for MMO's or online multi-player shooters.  I just kill bots and fight the computer and that's good enough to keep me entertained.

Edited by exile360

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, exile360 said:

On the positive side I'm glad you're finding and reporting this stuff, but on the negative side I'm very concerned to see the bad guys resorting to such tactics as they have the greatest potential for harm.  Backdoors are bad news. 

You're right :) this fight is not to win .............