Sentoryn

Malwarebytes VS my last submit

Great Job Sentoryn.

I know that Malwarebytes has greatly appreciated your "quality level" submissions.

thumbs-upp.gif.8e119874cf36c8d4b64b6a1f8f871761.gif

Edited by David H. Lipman
Spelling, Grammar and Clarification

Posted (edited)

Yesterday my submit. Now all samples detected :D

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Edited by Sentoryn

Yes, the Malwarebytes research center is the best. Many manufacturers, after reporting samples of undetectable malware, do not react for several days. 

Regards! 

I've used Malwarebytes for years and it NEVER finds anything.

Am I that good a boy?🤔

On 8/13/2018 at 11:52 PM, jadinolf said:

I've used Malwarebytes for years and it NEVER finds anything.

Am I that good a boy?🤔

Could be, or it could be the fact that Malwarebytes includes several more proactive protection components like Web Protection to block malware sites and malvertisements (a common infection vector) as well as Exploit Protection which is by far the most frequently used means of infecting users through malicious exploits.  Because of this, the most likely threat you're going to encounter would be the occasional PUP installer and that's about it, and that's only if you download a PUP installer (like if you're the type of person who frequently downloads "free" software on the web like screensavers etc.), but otherwise you shouldn't encounter much in the way of real malware if Malwarebytes is doing its job.

You can also extend this protection by installing the Malwarebytes browser extension which is currently in beta and available for free for both Chrome (and any other Chromium based browser like SRWare Iron) and Firefox.  You can check out the links below to find out more:

Chrome
Firefox

Thanks for that.

Truthfully, I am a good boy and when Malwarebytes or ESET tells me "Don't Go There" I don't go there.

Sure helps to keep my computers (all 5 of them ) clean.

I DO have the browser protector on all of my computers and that's the one which warns me the most about visiting BAD sites.

Ah, you've got ESET too, well yeah, that's a pretty solid combo.  One of the top AVs along with Malwarebytes is definitely a good defense setup, especially if you listen to their warnings like that (some users don't always, which can obviously put their systems at risk sometimes).

I've been around a long time so I am fortunate  enough to have six lifetime licenses and I have been using ESET since 2013 and love it.

Anyone not using the Malwarebytes browser add-ons is making a big mistake and the price is right (FREE).

Yep, the browser extension is an amazing leap forward and isn't promoted nearly enough in my opinion (though it's understandable I guess since it's still in beta, though its effectiveness cannot be overstated).  I've seen just how effective it is against new/unknown malicious sites of certain categories and it has such a high rate of detection/blocking that it really is a game changer in my opinion and I can't wait for it to be released, hopefully integrated into Malwarebytes 3 to further enhance the protection it offers (though I wouldn't be opposed to them continuing to offer it for free as a standalone download as well so that everyone might benefit from it).