error 732 (0,0)

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue as the user who posted this thread.

To replicate the message: Open Malwarebytes and select the 'Update' tab then press the 'Check for Updates' button and I receive the following error message 'An error occurred. Please report the following error code to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware support team. Error code: 732 (0, 0)'.

I am only using a free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

I do not use Internet Explorer as a general rule, however I have recently installed a Mozilla Firefox add-on which allows me to use FF to update Windows etc.

I know I should upgrade to the full version of Malwarebytes however, I cannot afford to do so in the immediate future.

Any assistance will be gratefully received.

i recieved same must be them

It's updating fine for me.

Here's a quick rundown of common things that can cause this issue:

1) Firewall settings.

2) Internet Explorer (not Opera, Firefox, Mozilla/Seamonkey, Avant, Safari, Chrome, etc, etc.) set to "Work Offline".

3) Bad proxy settings in Internet Explorer.

4) Improper registration of DLLs during the Internet Explorer 8 update.

Now, #1 and #2 are pretty easy to fix. Check your firewall settings to make sure that mbam.exe is allowed full access to the Internet, and check Internet Explorer to make sure that it's not set to Work Offline.

Number 3 requires checking the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. Here are some instructions from Microsoft on checking proxy settings. In most cases no proxy is needed and the feature should be off, but if one is needed then there should be documentation from your Internet service provider or your work's IT department on how to set it up.

Number 4 requires that you uninstall Internet Explorer 8, and assuming that everything is working properly after that then turn off any security software (such as anti-virus) and reinstall the upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 and see if it produces the same issue.

Hi,

Yesterday I got some kind of virus on my computer, and would like to be able to use MB to fix it, but have the following issue:

I get the same 732 (0,0) error message when trying to update MalwareBytes, and have looked at the forum fixes, still need some help, please.

I uninstalled MB, loaded it again while in SafeMode from where I had it originally on a flash drive, ran a scan and it said there were no infections, but since I can't update, I think that version of MB was too old to catch this virus.

Rebooted in normal mode.

I turned off the Norton personal firewall, still can't get an MB update. Looked at exclusions, etc., MB is allowed.

I did the reg add thing to make sure IE was set to work online, not off, but I don't know where to check that setting otherwise.

I am running IE 7.

I have 4 clients coming today for my business and need to make sure everything is AOK before I access their files. internet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance - you guys are great!

:(

asculptor2

Hi,

Yesterday I got some kind of virus on my computer, and would like to be able to use MB to fix it, but have the following issue:

I get the same 732 (0,0) error message when trying to update MalwareBytes, and have looked at the forum fixes, still need some help, please.

I uninstalled MB, loaded it again while in SafeMode from where I had it originally on a flash drive, ran a scan and it said there were no infections, but since I can't update, I think that version of MB was too old to catch this virus.

Rebooted in normal mode.

I turned off the Norton personal firewall, still can't get an MB update. Looked at exclusions, etc., MB is allowed.

I did the reg add thing to make sure IE was set to work online, not off, but I don't know where to check that setting otherwise.

I am running IE 7.

I have 4 clients coming today for my business and need to make sure everything is AOK before I access their files. internet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance - you guys are great!

asculptor2

Hi ascultor2;

What is your antivirus program? I ask because I have experienced this updating problem before and I found out that it was my antivirus program(Avira Premium) that was hindering me from updating mbam. If yours is also Avira the try placing *.malwarebytes.* and https:\\malwarebytes.org in the exclusion list of the webguard.

Regards,

voltron :(

Hi Voltron,

I am running Norton, but thanks for replying...I'm still hoping someone will see this today!

A

Hi ascultor2;

What is your antivirus program? I ask because I have experienced this updating problem before and I found out that it was my antivirus program(Avira Premium) that was hindering me from updating mbam. If yours is also Avira the try placing *.malwarebytes.* and https:\\malwarebytes.org in the exclusion list of the webguard.

Regards,

voltron :(

Hi Voltron,

I am running Norton, but thanks for replying...I'm still hoping someone will see this today!

A

Make sure that the following file is in the Norton Firewall allow list:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

Also, see this post on the most common causes of this issue, and possible solutions.

Hi Arthur and all,

Ok, I have checked again and so far, and none of the fixes on the post you mentioned and on the faq page have helped. I've made sure Norton allows Malwarebytes, I haven't downloaded IE 8, my IE settings just say to automatically detect settings and the proxy feature is already off. I'm not technically savvy enough to do more by myself.

I don't want to drive you all crazy... do you provide any live support? I'd be happy to pay you for the fix. We were downloading the updates just fine until a few weeks ago, so I really have no idea what precipitated the change....sneaky virus?

Thanks!

A

I don't want to drive you all crazy... do you provide any live support? I'd be happy to pay you for the fix. We were downloading the updates just fine until a few weeks ago, so I really have no idea what precipitated the change....sneaky virus?

No, we currently do not offer live support. We do have a helpdesk system where you can trade e-mails with Tom or myself, but we don't currently have the staff to do anything more than that.

You might be better off contacting us via the helpdesk system, as we will be able to provide better 1 on 1 support that way (as you can clearly see, too many people posting in a single forum topic can get confusing, and make it difficult to follow the discussion).

Hi Arthur and all,

Ok, I have checked again and so far, and none of the fixes on the post you mentioned and on the faq page have helped. I've made sure Norton allows Malwarebytes, I haven't downloaded IE 8, my IE settings just say to automatically detect settings and the proxy feature is already off. I'm not technically savvy enough to do more by myself.

Thanks!

A

You might want to try and upgrade to IE8. When I was in online chatrooms with IE7, it has a tendency to stop sending data. I never figured out the problem, but it did stop when I upgraded to IE8.