Clau107x

Malwarebytes Extension for Firefox

does that mean that it will only be spoken when leave the experimental phase?

Edited by Clau107x

8 minutes ago, Clau107x said:

does that mean that it will only be spoken when leave the experimental phase?

We will have to wait until the staff return on Monday to get an answer.

When installing ,,NoScript Security Suite,, extension for firefox  - ,,Malwarebytes For Firefox,, stop working /don't block nothing ,
even after uninstall ,,NoScript Security Suite,, -  why???¿¡
Uninstall Firefox  , Clean evrything about Firefox  ,install Firefox  + ,,Malwarebytes For Firefox,, + ,,Ublock origin,,  evrything work fine now

At Malwarebytes, we are constantly trying to improve our customer’s protection from digital threats and one of the better location in the system was the browser. 

We were trying to set-up the Firefox extension so that we can start the internal Beta of this technology. The early availability, although unintended, still contains a lot of kinks to iron out as it is an early Beta and was meant for Malwarebytes employees only. However, since the cat is out of the bag, we encourage you to try it and do give us feedback.

What about other browsers?  Yes we will be trying to support others, but we are still deep in development. 

Our apologies for this hiccup, and please bear with us while we tune and tweak this product to release quality. 

So....the Malwarebytes premium user had no need to install this extension , right ?

Or maybe someday or new version of Malwarebytes ,

the premium user will also have a more powerful extension can use ^_^?

5 hours ago, KevinYu0504 said:

So....the Malwarebytes premium user had no need to install this extension , right ?

Or maybe someday or new version of Malwarebytes ,

the premium user will also have a more powerful extension can use ^_^?

But  ,how about  webpages full off unwhanted things /pop ups ,flash  ,ads ,malware ... For this  ,best option is Malwarebytes for Firefox5a5cf4716fbde_Ashampoo_Snap_lunes15deenerode2018_19h34m27s_003_.thumb.jpg.343df5aa3663fbb677fd590bb18a3ce7.jpg

12 hours ago, gigiadi said:

But  ,how about  webpages full off unwhanted things /pop ups ,flash  ,ads ,malware ... For this  ,best option is Malwarebytes for Firefox5a5cf4716fbde_Ashampoo_Snap_lunes15deenerode2018_19h34m27s_003_.thumb.jpg.343df5aa3663fbb677fd590bb18a3ce7.jpg

No idea .

I think we should wait official release more information :)

43 minutes ago, KevinYu0504 said:

No idea .

I think we should wait official release more information :)

In my tests  ,Malwarebytes for Firefox  have best detection : malware sites , ads , tracking 

and not just best detection but  blocked  malicious webpages ! / compared to other security addons.

6 hours ago, gigiadi said:

In my tests  ,Malwarebytes for Firefox  have best detection : malware sites , ads , tracking 

and not just best detection but  blocked  malicious webpages ! / compared to other security addons.

So .... did you think the Malwarebytes premium user need to install the extension ?

or just keep using Malwarebytes Premium will be enough ?

Anyway , thx for your test .

I'm a pro user & I'm going to use the beta extension. b/c I don't like code injection

- the extension seems to stop pro web protection from starting. makes sense, but it causes the pro to object

On 14/01/2018 at 8:19 PM, dcollins said:

However, since the cat is out of the bag, we encourage you to try it and do give us feedback.

Are you going to setup a topic/sub-forum for feedback in the Beta Testing forum?

For now:

The first time I installed it immediately completly disabled my wifi, needed to uninstall and restart to get wifi back.
Guess you wouldn't get telemetry on that; there was no connection to send it over.

Second install went OK, so now evaluating it.

PS. Have you browsed to www.malwarebytes.com? - 6 detections blocked on your own webpage?

On 1/22/2018 at 2:31 PM, greybert said:

I'm a pro user & I'm going to use the beta extension. b/c I don't like code injection

- the extension seems to stop pro web protection from starting. makes sense, but it causes the pro to object

It shouldn't be preventing web protection from starting in MB3 Premium.  They're supposed to work together alongside one another.  In fact, the plugin ties into web protection when MB3 Premium is installed/active and takes over redirecting for sites blocked by MB3's database in the browser displaying its newer block/redirect info page rather than the block page normally displayed in the browser when only MB3 is installed/active.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:21 PM, nukecad said:

PS. Have you browsed to www.malwarebytes.com? - 6 detections blocked on your own webpage?

That's due to the trackers such as Google etc. which are used for telemetry and whatnot.  They're present on most pages on the web (which is one of the reasons organizations like Google have so much info on browsing statistics) so you're likely to see at least a few blocks on most pages you visit.  The same is true for social networking trackers such as Facebook and Twitter.  They're embedded on most sites these days and are blocked by most tracker blocking utilities, including the Malwarebytes browser plugin.

Edited by exile360

I found out from a member of the staff that it was pulled due to some bugs they discovered in it that they are working on correcting for the next version to be released.  They also said that even though it's been taken down, that we may continue to use it if we wish.  I'm just going to keep it installed and wait for the next version as I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Still installed here, but I'm not sure just what it is doing if anything?

After the first couple of days it stopped showing any notifications at all of any detections blocked.

If you use anything else for blocking such as a HOSTS file, cookie blocker, privacy tool etc. (inside or outside your browser) then that could possibly be why.  Or else it could simply be that all the trackers etc. that it's blocking when you browse have already been visited enough times that the blocked connections are cached by the browser and/or DNS cache so that the Malwarebytes plugin doesn't actually have to block the connections any more as the cached blocked connections simply fail to connect to the sites on their own now.

It's just odd that it showed them for the first couple of days and the stopped showing them.
I only realy have Adblock running in the browser and that was running when it did show the number of detections.
I have CCleaner set to clear the Firefox cache and DNS cache daily so it shouldn't be keeping anything there.
(I'll do a detailed check of what CC finds when I run it later today).

Maybe the MB addon is storing previous detections/blocks elsewhere? Or maybe Firefox is?

It's not a problem, just curious.

I do have the option set to send telemetry to Malwarebytes, and as the add-on is not causing any problems I'll just leave it installed as is.

Has there been any indication of when the first 'official' release is due?

Edited by nukecad