Incompatibilities with GroupSpeedDial add-on in Firefox

Juraj_M

Hello,

I'm author of GroupSpeedDial add-on for Firefox (and Chrome) used by ~50k users.

I would like to report issues with your product "Malwarebytes" reported to me by several users.

What Malwarebytes does is deleting or corrupting files that contains my add-on database "IdexedDB" (standard database API for add-ons, see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/IndexedDB_API). Then my add-on won't load correctly and users see on the main dials page just error message mentioning corrupted database.

The files are located in:

C:\Users\PROFILE_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILE_NAME\storage\default\moz-extension+++_MY_ADDON_UUID_

My add-on is using database to store thumbnails and backups. So it contains all URLs of pages that users have in their dials. Maybe some of theirs pages are detected and thus reason to block the access to that file? I'm just guessing here.

Anyway, please let me know once this is fixed, because there is nothing I can do.

Hello,

I forgot to mention one fact. The problem seems to occur during the Firefox upgrade. Allessio777 wrote me this happened twice now with last minor upgrades to 57.0.3 and 57.0.4.

I will contact also other users that had this problem to contribute with their logs.

This is the error that pops up in Group Speed dial when I upgrade in Firefox or I run Wise Disk Cleaner.

On 1/15/2018 at 3:28 AM, Juraj_M said:

Hello,

I forgot to mention one fact. The problem seems to occur during the Firefox upgrade. Allessio777 wrote me this happened twice now with last minor upgrades to 57.0.3 and 57.0.4.

I will contact also other users that had this problem to contribute with their logs.

5a6246fc2c1fe_Screenshot(6).png.thumb.jpg.a7934cde46863b55731c905587ac1a27.jpg

• 7 months later...