davidlmo

Malwarebytes Extension for Firefox

2 hours ago, davidlmo said:

Wondering why this has not been announced here? 

Experimental

That may well be. but it HAS been released to the public.  Just seemed strange it was not mentioned here, but I can download it on Firefox addons/extensions.

IFF it is "experimental" it should have a disclaimer or some other caveat.

6 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

IFF it is "experimental" it should have a disclaimer or some other caveat.

I know you looked David. 

exp;erimental.png

Yes.  However I was waiting for an employee to comment.  I did see at least one view this thread but failed to comment so when there was a reply I figured I'd make that comment.

To just have the word "Experimental" is insufficient.  It should have a disclaimer or other caveat.  One word just doesn't cut it so I played devil's advocate.

9 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Yes.  However I was waiting for an employee to comment.  I did see at least one view this thread but failed to comment so when there was a reply I figured I'd make that comment.

To just have the word "Experimental" is insufficient.  It should have a disclaimer or other caveat.  One word just doesn't cut it so I played devil's advocate.

It is in internal testing. I think David, you have access as an Expert?

It IS available for anyone that wants to download it and tech sites are already writing about it. DL and give it a try :-)

28 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Nope and no previous knowledge of its existence.

Thanks David for the clarification:).

26 minutes ago, davidlmo said:

It IS available for anyone that wants to download it and tech sites are already writing about it. DL and give it a try :-)

At your own risk. It is a BETA.

Firefox BETA.png

Edited by Porthos

I've installed the extension and i'm currently testing it and so far Malwarebytes seems to me the best add-on in its kind ! :)

At Malwarebytes, we are constantly trying to improve our customer’s protection from digital threats and one of the better location in the system was the browser. 

We were trying to set-up the Firefox extension so that we can start the internal Beta of this technology. The early availability, although unintended, still contains a lot of kinks to iron out as it is an early Beta and was meant for Malwarebytes employees only. However, since the cat is out of the bag, we encourage you to try it and do give us feedback.

What about other browsers?  Yes we will be trying to support others, but we are still deep in development. 

Our apologies for this hiccup, and please bear with us while we tune and tweak this product to release quality. 

On 1/14/2018 at 7:48 AM, GP45 said:

I've installed the extension and i'm currently testing it and so far Malwarebytes seems to me the best add-on in its kind ! :)

Yep, it has some pretty powerful heuristics for blocking the various categories of sites/threats etc. beyond a standard block database.  It's a pretty cool tool, and when combined with the web protection in Malwarebytes 3 Premium, it makes for a rather robust web security/privacy browsing solution.  Not to mention the fact that it can also speed up page load times rather substantially thanks to the fact that it blocks the ads and trackers found on most sites.

Very nice plugin!

I testet serval URLs from malc0de.com and serval was blocked, but not if it was an IP address.

Meaning: wesleymedsupply.com/Geek/chrome.exe is blocked but not 111.90.147.66/panel/2018.exe

(I tested with serval IP links, all the same)

Keep up the good work.