Music Songs Player - Chrome Extension (music-app.co)

Acts-

So, recently I noticed some strange add-on abruptly which kinda spooked me. I mean, I'm really a safe/skeptical person when it comes to browsing the web. I used to have BitDefender but, it malfunctioned or something and ate up literally all of my C: drive space (like 30 GBs). It was causing a great slow down of my PC performance which turned me away from them ultimately. With that, I really don't have a reliable antivirus, and so i use basic things like Malwarebytes/Hitman Pro. 

Anyways, for this random extension that was added without my notice, I of course scanned consistently using malwarebytes, which it picked up on PUP files that derive from my Sync Data/Web Data ? I At first,  just disabled and removed the extension from google, and then afterwards did the quarantine of the PUP file. Then, of course, removed them. Still though, as a genuinely safe browser for the most part, what even is this file if anyone might know? I looked at the reviews, a small bit of people mentioned that it was either spam or virus. And, well, one thing's for sure, I definitely don't want to have to worry about rootkits, trojans, or malware.. So for the most part im hoping it's eternally gone.

Also! As a side question if anyone may know as i've been dead curious... What is SPug? I've noticed sometimes when i go to like media sites using incognito on Google that SPug.Txt just randomly installs itself. I've looked it up and really all i see is that it is associated with BitTorrent/UTorrent, both of which I don't use nor do i have.

P.S I can attach the text file in regards to the PUP results from Malwarebytes if necessary.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks