Sign in to follow this  
barakobama

Not getting new windows update

On Windows Server 2008 r2, had mallwarebytes 3.1.2 running -  (same as my personal win 10 pc wich got the update last week without me touching anything) -  i updated to latest mallwarebytes 3.3 and all updates in check, but the security key is not beeing added. As far as i know server 2008 has no security center neither. What should i do to safely get the windows update from the windows updater? 

The server was restarted this morning january 11, 

On windows server 2008 r2 running Mallwarebytes version 3.3.2 updated fully, the  Windows Server 2008 r2 not getting January 4 Update KB4056894 is not appearing in the windows updates, and i see no key in the registry: Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\QualityCompat"

Furthermore the  Qualitcompat does not even exist in the registry. 

Server was restarted this morning, january 11, all updates are installed and is up to date, what should i do? 

11 minutes ago, barakobama said:

Windows Server 2008 r2 not getting January 4 Update KB4056894 is not appearing in the windows updates

You're looking for KB4056897 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4056897/windows-7-update-kb4056897

11 minutes ago, barakobama said:

Windows Server 2008 r2, had mallwarebytes 3.1.2 running

Malwarebytes consumer version is not supported on any server OS. 

Edited by Porthos

so you mean i shouldnt use it ? i m using it for 1 year + ...    and 2 years ago i even asked if it s safe to use and was told yes by modds... i am your customer for at least 5-6 years.

So should i uninstall it, then i ll get the update??

"If you just need to secure individual devices for your small office, team, or startup, check out Malwarebytes Premium for Teams." 

i tought mallwarebytes premium is for this...  

ANywyas please tell me what to do? should i uninstall malwarebytes, then the windows update will pop up?
After buy another version of mallwarebytes or something?

Edited by barakobama

24 minutes ago, barakobama said:

"If you just need to secure individual devices for your small office, team, or startup, check out Malwarebytes Premium for Teams." 

Those are for installation on regular Windows OS's not for the server OS. It installs but may have issues that might not be able to workaround or fix.You are free to use it the mods are correct but it might not work correctly. Also, the current version is 3.3.1, not 3.1.2.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/#tech-specs

Edited by Porthos

i understand, but please advice me further, how should i proceed

1. will uninstall mallwarebytes permit the windows update to pop up in windows updater

2. wich product should i purchase from your products for windows server 2008 instead of what i have now and would not conflict with windows server 2008 , sql, other processes and windows updates?

When i bought mallwarebytes was no server version, please understand. ty.

ps: current version is 3.3.1 on the windows server 2008 . 

25 minutes ago, barakobama said:

When i bought mallwarebytes was no server version, please understand. ty.

I fully understand, There are many people who put MB 3 consumer on a server and most of the time it works depending on the role/use of the server and it is not prohibited by the user agreement specifically.  It is just not a supported use.

wich product should i purchase from your products for windows server 2008 instead of what i have now and would not conflict with windows server 2008 , sql, other processes and windows updates?

The business products are for servers. https://www.malwarebytes.com/products/

1. will uninstall mallwarebytes permit the windows update to pop up in windows updater

Malwarebytes will not cause any issues with the patch.

You can get the patch directly from Microsoft from the Microsoft update catalog but beware if you have an AMD processor you could have problems.  http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4056897

50 minutes ago, barakobama said:

i am your customer for at least 5-6 years.

I may not work for the company but I appreciate your use of Malwarebytes and I hope you get the server patched. 

Edited by Porthos

thank you, i tought you are an employee, i hope someoe can tell me wich product should i install on server to be able to get the updates right at least.

6 hours ago, barakobama said:

i hope someoe can tell me wich product should i install on server to be able to get the updates right at least.

You need to contact sales to see what is the best for your Server and your environment. 

https://www.malwarebytes.com/business/products/

6 hours ago, barakobama said:

to be able to get the updates right at least.

You can still download and install the patch manually as long as you do not have one of the unsupported AMD processors.

(as of 1/04/18)Since the Malwarebytes Database Update 1.0.3624, all Malwarebytes users are able to receive the Microsoft patch to mitigate Meltdown.

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

Malwarebytes will not cause any issues with the patch. If you had the automatic updates enabled in MB you are fine.

You can get the patch directly from Microsoft from the Microsoft update catalog but beware if you have an AMD processor you could have problems.  http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4056897

@djacobson

Edited by Porthos