www link has virus

The characterization that  a "link has a virus" is incorrect.

What you visited was a fraud site at d2a5378obdakua.cloudfront.net  which is a site similar to other sites known as "FakeAlerts" as they fraudulently alert one to a non-existent event. Since they are web sites they are known as HTML.FakeAlerts ( aka; TechBrolo )

I have created a 1series of videos generated from these fraud sites for the purposes of recognition and education.  They are all  videos from real web sites.  ALL are FRAUDS.

All these have one thing in common and they have nothing to do with any software on your PC.  They are all nefarious web sites meant to defraud you of money. The objective is to, falsely, goad you to make the phone call and pay for some service contract for an incident that never happened.  From there they may continue to charge your Credit Card for other services, remote into your computer and do real damage and/or exfiltrate your personal data and they may use the information they obtain from you to commit additional frauds.

MalwareScam.wmv
MalwareScam-1.wmv
MalwareScam-2.wmv
MalwareScam-3.wmv
MalwareScam-4.wmv
MalwareScam-5.wmv
MalwareScam-6.wmv

I have also created a PDF ScreenShow of a myriad of FakeAlert screens - FakeAlert-Screens.pdf

Reference:   
US FBI PSA - Tech Support Scam

1.  Also located at "My Online Security" - Some videos of typical tech support scams

Edited by David H. Lipman

Hello David.

Thanks. I know allready that I have to keep clear of these websites and that I never must click on them. But I thought it necessary to report them somewhere. And Malware is a good forum to do that. Thanks again. I shall take a look at the video's.

Machiel.

Edited by MachielvanVeen

This sub-forum is for those on MS Windows who are infected and need 1-on-1 assistance to get malware removed from their windows based system.

The Malwarebytes' Forum has a set of sub-forums for submissions called the Research Center

In the case of malicious sites, the sub-forum to use is; Newest IP or URL Threats  after readaing;   READ ME: Purpose of this forum

The malicious CloudFront web site was thankfully taken down.  Otherwise I would have submitted the site, on your behalf, in Newest IP or URL Threats 

It is a good thing that the site no longer resolves.   thumbsup.gif.8ff23b79293b34bfc104f9f453870f0b.gif

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks