malware samples

Hi,

This may sound as a strange request but I am looking for fake anti-virus samples for testing purposes.

As a computer technician I am always trying to serve my clients in het best possible way

and testing those fake AV's in a virtual machine helps me understand the mechanics better.

If anyone knows where I can download them. your help would be greatly appriciated!

Regards,

• 1 year later...
Hi and welcome! ;)

Yes, you find samples here: Newest Rogue Threats, but you must be very careful, because there are very dangerous.

I too am a pc technician and would like to know where to find malware samples to download. I know that malware bytes provides samples but you need to be an "expert" to download them. How does one become and expert if they don't have samples to test with in the first place? I have even tried hunting for them yet still cannot find any. The closest I have come to are sites which lists known Malware URL's and then you can get a few from them, the problem with that is they are pretty much hit and miss as to what Malware you'll get. I would like to be able to search for a specific samples do to testing with. I understand why people would have to be careful with the samples but to those with a legitimate reason for downloading them it is very frustrating.